Radio range..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run this, can confirm stupidly long range. Much better feeling build quality than any Spektrum I've handled. Good response time and tons of programmable features. Inexpensive receivers, including some itty bitty ones for small scale. Only gripe is 10 model memory max, but I'm probably going to keep cars that are not for sharing on it (Limitless, Nero, etc.)

That's the one I have. But I've heard it cutting out around 2k feet. My Limitless is setup to go really fast, but needs room get there and also room for me to bring it to a stop. Hence my concern. Have you ever measured the range of it?

That post of mine was quite some time ago. I have since used that radio and range tested it beyond 1594 ft. (one direction) This means you can stand in the middle of the run and exceed 3000 ft run distance. Trust me that you cannot see what the car is doing beyond 1500 ft!

That post of mine was quite some time ago. I have since used that radio and range tested it beyond 1594 ft. (one direction) This means you can stand in the middle of the run and exceed 3000 ft run distance. Trust me that you cannot see what the car is doing beyond 1500 ft!

You antennas are way longer than mine. Interesting

Yeah, to maximize available range, having longer antenna, and 2 set perpendicular to each other helps immensely.
Looks like I'm gonna need some antenna tubes and makes holes in the body. Now I hate that it can pre-painted lol

I test radiolink rc6gs tx with r8f Rx and I lost view of the car but I had range on the radio drove back blind 😃
Good thing about radiolink you can set alarm for signal range etc and is dirt cheap compare to futaba etc
Official statement is 2600ft
R8F no gyro 800 meters (official)
R7FG with gyro 600 metres (official)
Tested on both rc6gs and rc4gs (slightly shorter range)
Less WiFi around better range
Country side is best for speed runs

IMG_20210526_123424.jpg

Last edited:
I test radiolink rc6gs tx with r8f Rx and I lost view of the car but I had range on the radio drove back blind 😃
Good thing about radiolink you can set alarm for signal range etc and is dirt cheap compare to futaba etc

View attachment 148185
Did you notice any radio latency at full distance?
For me it was very noticeable like 2 seconds before the car responded. (but could have been my vision at those distances)

For me it was very noticeable like 2 seconds before the car responded. (but could have been my vision at those distances)
Imagine adding 7 seconds of CH speed, you don't wanna know how often I've driven my car off the road whiles U-turning in the distance.

View attachment 148185
That R8F is for cars? Looks odd.

That R8F is for cars? Looks odd.
R8F officially is not for cars but has the same function as R7FG but noticeable more range
Be honest I didn't see that I run my nitro on the beach and even as far I can see the nitro respond same
But I will check on infraction again when good weather come back
Sorry one more thing I use once the coreless servo some chinese brand and this cause massive latency in the radiolink
I even send my tx and Rx on warranty but when this servo died and I put new one my problems stopped

Attachments

• 16221356875087095554485393429689.jpg
    16221356875087095554485393429689.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

View attachment 148185
What do you set your alarm to? I tried setting mine and it went off at -80. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong though.

What do you set your alarm to? I tried setting mine and it went off at -80. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong though.
I set to -75dba I will attached pictures tomorrow as here is almost midnight

-80 is almost no signal at all. -60 is borderline. -70 is dunzo.

So -75 makes sense
It is for me if you do speed run not really set for lower I do beach driving when alarm goes on I turn back around
I have radiolink in typhon and range is lower then other cars I suspect due to compact build (all electronics close together )
And like on the video from one of the guys need to take out two antennas two different directions

16221893192798881302206074640523.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back