Kraton Radio Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildvoodoomagic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to upgrade to 1 radio for most/all of my trucks (K6s, sl4sh, trx4 and sl2sh). I am looking in the 100-250 dollar range as I want something quality and will last for a long time. I have been looking at DX5c, Flysky NB4, Futaba, Sanwa and many others but I just don't know what to pick.

Im open to all options really...I would like some first hand knowledge from you all.

Thank you!!

Ill look into the 4pm! I know I need atleast 3 channels its probably better to have 4 just incase. Thank you!

One thing to consider is cost of extra receivers. Although I only own Futaba radios and love them, I can also say that the receivers are crazy expensive compared to other brands.

Ive noticed that. I was surprised at how much they costed. It makes the Flysky NB4 a bit more tempting but I cant find it anywhere besides aliexpress and ive never shopped on that site.

I too am interested in hearing more.
I popped up a similar question elsewhere on the forum.
In general is FlySky a decent radio to go with regardless of channels?
Im looking to try to multi-task, a few cars/trucks and maybe a boat down
the road. As @LibertyMKiii mentioned keeping the price tag down due
to other RX's is my focus.
If I had a fleet of RC Cars/Trucks then yes a radio like the Futaba is well
worth considering.
I also see some RadioLink radios....thoughts?

I use Futaba for the range because I do speed runs. If I didn't need the range I'd probably run another brand.
RadioLink looks appealing to me if I were to ever change brands:
https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Tr...ords=4+channel+rc+radio&qid=1593106464&sr=8-8

The antenna is prone to being broken but other than that features etc seem great. $19 for extra receivers is hard to beat.
Funny, thats the exact one I was looking at.
Funny, thats the exact one I was looking at.
So one thing I have noticed on this as well as others, I was looking at the pics and they have a power lead running directly into the RX from the battery which I assume is for Battery Monitoring. Never experienced this before so can I safely assume that most with this feature can support higher voltages? Like with the 6S Kraton? I looked over the info but cannot see what max voltage the RX can support for that feature

EDIT: I did just now see it supports up to 6S for telemetry so it should support a 6S battery

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with the DX5c or DX5 pro? How about any sanwa radios? Flysky NB4?
Thank you!!

I run a Futaba 4PLS coupled with 204GF-E and 304SB receivers on my entire fleet of RCs. Receivers are pricey, true, but well worth it IMHO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back