Granite Radio swap STX2 to a TTX300 with TR325

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Newbie question again...

I'm not concerned about lots of radio functions....basic radio is fine for me at this level. Question on radio swap on the newer Granite 4x4 3s. It came with the Spektrum STX2, but I have new in the box a Tactic TTX300 with TR325 I'd like to swap to see if the radio is better as most reviewers say.

1. Any ESC voltage issues going with the TR325? Seems to be like a downgrade but better setup over STX2
  2. Again new...it has NO antenna. I'm just out having fun any issues with range since it has no antenna?
  3. TR325 vs TR326 do I need to find TR326?...I thought I read the TR325 is 4-6 volts and other is higher....guess this is where my ESC for 4x4 3s comes in?
Thx for help!

It will work way better.

1) There aren’t voltage differences. Not sure where that’s coming from. The ESC sets the BEC voltage.

2) The antenna is just internal. It’s got tons of range.

3) Again, it’s fine. Drop it in and let r rip

It will work way better.

1) There aren’t voltage differences. Not sure where that’s coming from. The ESC sets the BEC voltage.

2) The antenna is just internal. It’s got tons of range.

3) Again, it’s fine. Drop it in and let r rip

Good feedback...

Thank you!

Remember to reset the esc with the old radio gear FIRST before you swap in your new radio gear.

Now I always want to do things the right way....shot! Got this 2 hours too late before I swapped them...

Thank you!

Now I always want to do things the right way....shot! Got this 2 hours too late before I swapped them...

Thank you!

Dang it. I just did the same thing... Is it a problem if I never reset my ESC before switching the STX2 for the TTX300? Or can I go ahead and run it? If it is a problem, how should I fix it from here?

What are you on about? He needs to calibrate the ESC to the new radio.

When you reset the esc first, on next power up you can verify throttle channel direction before calibration. Without the reset on next powerup, the esc might apply throttle or reverse because the new gear may have a different jitter profile compared to the old gear. When the esc is calibrated it takes the radio jitter for the throttle positions and applies some deadband.

Dang it. I just did the same thing... Is it a problem if I never reset my ESC before switching the STX2 for the TTX300? Or can I go ahead and run it? If it is a problem, how should I fix it from here?

I did not have any issues. I did have to switch the button on the handheld transmitter to switch the F/R directions for the RC but that was all. I will next time do it right but zero issues and the radio delay is gone...

I did not have any issues. I did have to switch the button on the handheld transmitter to switch the F/R directions for the RC but that was all. I will next time do it right but zero issues and the radio delay is gone...

I'm good now. I set my steering endpoints using this video.

Then I calibrated the throttle endpoints using this video.

I really should just read the manual haha...

When you reset the esc first, on next power up you can verify throttle channel direction before calibration. Without the reset on next powerup, the esc might apply throttle or reverse because the new gear may have a different jitter profile compared to the old gear. When the esc is calibrated it takes the radio jitter for the throttle positions and applies some deadband.

Interesting. I just make sure I enter calibration right away at first power up. And always with wheels off and/or rig in the air.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back