Radio transmitter upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilot4

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys, I would like to upgrade my stock transmitter for my Kraton, any views on Spektrum brand? my lhs only carries this brand, but it is not cheap. I see the specifications, really impressive though, with many different drive modes like brain differential similar to the Nero? Would the DX5 Pro make a good investment?
Appreciate any comments, thank in advance!

If you don't want to break the bank and get a ton of options with the TX and RX get a Radiolink RC4GS from Amazon. It's a 4 channel transmitter kit that comes with a 6 channel reciever with gyro feature. I've been using it for about a month and it's been amazing for the price. It has the same features as many expensive radios. Also it take AA batteries or you can put a 2s lipo with a jst plug in it instead. It surprised me when I got it for $60 shipped.

@devilot4 I'm a big fan of the Futaba brand radios.

Take a look at the Futaba 4PV or the Futaba 3PV.

Thank you Bro for your recommendations, I will surely take a good look at these 2 models you mentioned, cheers!
If you don't want to break the bank and get a ton of options with the TX and RX get a Radiolink RC4GS from Amazon. It's a 4 channel transmitter kit that comes with a 6 channel reciever with gyro feature. I've been using it for about a month and it's been amazing for the price. It has the same features as many expensive radios. Also it take AA batteries or you can put a 2s lipo with a jst plug in it instead. It surprised me when I got it for $60 shipped.

Thank you Bro for your recommendation! I am surely gonna find out more about this model, cheers!

A lot of people love the Spektrum brand. Lots of features. I’m a plus one for Futaba. The new 4pm is cheaper than the pv line and looks really nice. My 4PV is awesome but to get the same gyro features like Spektrum you need to shell out more cash for a separate gyro unit. Futaba radios have great range if you ever want to get into speed runs too. The Futaba is light, feels nice in the hand and the adjustable trigger makes the feel better if needed. Telemetry feature is funny, separate purchases for temp and rpm sensors. It gets expensive but high quality for sure. Lots of potions out there.

I’m a spectrum fan. I have a older dx4r been a great radio. I was looking at buying the spectrum dx5 rugged. In my experience resistance to waster and dust will keep it working much longer. Jmo but I’d steer you to Spektrum.

I’m a spectrum fan. I have a older dx4r been a great radio. I was looking at buying the spectrum dx5 rugged. In my experience resistance to waster and dust will keep it working much longer. Jmo but I’d steer you to Spektrum.
I don’t want to test my Futaba with water resistance or drop test. I almost got that setup. The AVC is a plus if you like it...

Last edited:
I recently switched to the Futaba 4PM. I am not sure how I survived with RTR electronics until now. I have 3 cars linked to it and it is perfect for me. I also like there are receivers without antennae I can use. So far its exceeded my expectations.

Thanks all! I will look into all your recommendations n study which one is most geared towards my needs before pulling the trigger.

I recently picked up the Futaba 4PV and some extra receivers and I could not be happier. So much better than stock. (y)

Hi guys, I would like to upgrade my stock transmitter for my Kraton, any views on Spektrum brand? my lhs only carries this brand, but it is not cheap. I see the specifications, really impressive though, with many different drive modes like brain differential similar to the Nero? Would the DX5 Pro make a good investment?
Appreciate any comments, thank in advance!
Im in the same boat as you.. getting a new v4 6s Kraton soon and im trying to decide on an upgraded transmitter...

Im thinking the Radiolink RC4GS like beniferd has suggested... but was also wondering about the Radiolink RC6GS which is the model up and is only $20 dearer

Not sure just how much difference there is in the two of them though but all reports from owner/users of these radios are really good and they arent expensive..

Only if you need the extra channels - basically only if you indend to run a scale truck with lights, a winch, 2-speed and that sort of thing.

@devilot4 I'm a big fan of the Futaba brand radios.

Take a look at the Futaba 4PV or the Futaba 3PV.
there maybe needs to be a dedicated thread (“sticky”) on this subject.. especially given the RTR Spectrum that has been bought in with the V4 armma’s is, by all reports, so bad!..

One thread that everyone can go to for all the different options and people’s opinions on these aftermarket options available based on experience..

Im in the same boat as you.. getting a new v4 6s Kraton soon and im trying to decide on an upgraded transmitter...

Im thinking the Radiolink RC4GS like beniferd has suggested... but was also wondering about the Radiolink RC6GS which is the model up and is only $20 dearer

Not sure just how much difference there is in the two of them though but all reports from owner/users of these radios are really good and they arent expensive..

Oh yeah, I have heard and watched videos about RC4GS here and there too, I am still reading up more on transmitters, trying to find more time to do so. I hope you get your ideal one for your Kraton, hope to read about your new purchase when u got one! cheers!
there maybe needs to be a dedicated thread (“sticky”) on this subject.. especially given the RTR Spectrum that has been bought in with the V4 armma’s is, by all reports, so bad!..

One thread that everyone can go to for all the different options and people’s opinions on these aftermarket options available based on experience..

Yeah , agree, I would surely support having a sticky thread for this for easier access to this info..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back