Radiolink rc4gs and breaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I guess this is an odd question, I changed the radio on my granite to a Radiolink rc4gs a while ago and everything seems fine but the breaking effect seems a lot less since the change. I have increased the breaking in the ESC but it still seems much the same.

I am guessing that it maybe something to do with the settings in the radio, as far as I can tell I have everything off / normal such as ABS etc. I do however find it hard to understand some of the settings in the radio so it is quite possible that there is something in the set up causing it...

can anyone suggest what I should be checking with this radio to see if I have affected the breaking in someway ?

Many Thanks all.

First and foremost, did you calibrate the radio to your ESC to begin with?

> What ESC model you running? What brake settings are available?
>Did you change the pinion gear to a larger one? That can also reduce braking.

First and foremost, did you calibrate the radio to your ESC to begin with?

> What ESC model you running? What brake settings are available?
>Did you change the pinion gear to a larger one? That can also reduce braking.
I have left everything stock including ESC and pinion etc. And I did calibrate the radio when I changed it (and a couple of times since to be sure)

I am sure it is something to do with the radio settings as when I increased the breaking on the granite with the ESC settings it hasn’t made any difference. The breaks so work, just not as much as they used to. I am imaging that something in the settings of the radio is reducing the breaking effect or pulsing it in some way.......

Lol, I hadn’t even noticed that..... I would like to blame the autocorrect on the iPad, but I cant be sure it wasn’t me!..... 😱

I believe you can adjust breaking under setting 9 atleast on the RC6GS V2 it setting 9 "ACCEL" you can adjust the break. Also under THEXP you can adjust the curve of the breaking👍
IMG_20210412_084816823.jpg

IMG_20210412_084929166.jpg
IMG_20210412_084933781.jpg

What setting is your Brake Force set to in the ESC settings?????
Have a look at that first. Then focus on the Radio Brake settings.
Different Radios have a different feel regarding Brake/Thr. response. May have to up the Brake Force to MAX at the ESC if it isn't already????

I am still playing with this, I have increased the braking on the on the ESC I think it was on 4 by default and I have increased to 5, although it can go higher but thought that had little effect.... looking at the options on the radio I think they are all "linear" which I would have thought would do the job, I'll keep playing with it..........

Thanks for the help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back