RadioLink RC4GS losing receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgfast

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
as title states I keep having receivers going bad, the first I feel got damp even though I seal box with shoe glue. The next I put in small ziplock bag and sealed it as well with shoe glue, well today went run kraton and receiver was dead opened everything up completely dry!! don't know whats going on here are they just junk or what. I've got an old hobbyking HK-GT2B never a minutes trouble $20 radio wish they still made them. I had bought the cheapest radio I could fine back then for a recovery boat LOL
long and short of it I guess I need to buy another transmitter with a water proof reciver any recommendations

I have one that has never given be trouble. The other one got wet and and then went out. So they are not waterproof. But I've not had that trouble if I keep them dry.

I have 6 rigs on them and only 1 failed because I pinched wires putting it in box. Are you mounting them down?

no but by the time it's sealed in the small ziplock bag there isn't much room for it move in the receiver box and this was dry when I removed it. Just two in row kind of sucks, I like the radio but don't plan on stocking up receivers for replacements and don't think should have to remove it every time get ready clean the truck up which is every outing my trucks get dirty
here's a picture of talion after first run today

Attachments

• IMG_2400.JPG
    IMG_2400.JPG
    617.4 KB · Views: 71
If those rx are not waterproof, use silic. conformal coating on the board. To wp it. An rx not waterproofed will corrode from just the humidity. Placing them a plastic bag doesn't mean no moisture will be present. And will actually contain the moisture in the bag. Pop the covers off the Rx and use conformal coating on the whole pcb. If you want to keep using that brand TX and rx.

Last edited:
If those rx are not waterproof, use silic. conformal coating on the board. To wp it. An rx not waterproofed will corrode from just the humidity. Placing then a plastic bag don't mean no moisture will be present. And will actually contain the moisture in the bag. Pop the covers off the Rx and use conformal coating on the whole pcb. If you want to keep using that brand TX and rx.
thank you for the reply, do you have best product band in mind for longevity of waterproofing the receiver

I have 3 or 4 of them and never had trouble (even before I waterproofed them - they would glitch when wet but when they dried off they worked again).

thank you for the reply, do you have best product band in mind for longevity of waterproofing the receiver
I use this.
I do all my Rx and servos regardless whether they say WP or not. Even some non WP ESC's. I also use this on the Hall effect sensor boards on my Sensored motors. You just need to carefully remove the PCB's to apply and let cure for 24 hours. That's all. Good insurance in my opinion. Been doing this for years. Don't apply the Conformal Coating onto micro switches like the Bind button on you RX for instance. That's all.
20200226_160442.jpg

If those rx are not waterproof, use silic. conformal coating on the board. To wp it. An rx not waterproofed will corrode from just the humidity. Placing them a plastic bag doesn't mean no moisture will be present. And will actually contain the moisture in the bag. Pop the covers off the Rx and use conformal coating on the whole pcb. If you want to keep using that brand TX and rx.
I just wanted to follow up here and give a big shout out to SrC for the help!!!
I haven't had single problem since coating my reciever with silic. comformal coating
Thanks so so much :)

They are probably all pretty similar in terms of sealing capability but thumbs up for the MG brand of conformal coating from me too.. Well worth that wee investment... It has probably paid for itself many times over.

I just wanted to follow up here and give a big shout out to SrC for the help!!!
I haven't had single problem since coating my reciever with silic. comformal coating
Thanks so so much :)

Why do I have a gut feeling this is why I’ve lost 3 of the new spectrum receivers (sr215,315& 515) in under 6 months. There all bone dry ad just stopped working mid bash. But I’ve a feeling this may be the problem solver. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back