Radiolink RC6GS dual rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a dedicated speed runner. Lim. And Less ST is beneficial for speeds well over 100MPH. I also have an Infr. with Bashing gears (DX2E).
Bashing with speed running gears is not always a good idea. If just doing a few straight run pulls, less Dual rate is not even necessary at 80-90 MPH. (Bashing Geared)
I don't know that you are really speed running your rig to even need a limited dual rate. Just drift bashing then doing a few straight pulls is not speed running IMHO. But that is your interpretation ultimately.

>>>> Regarding the RC6Gs, I use that TX also, and there is no way to assign Dual Rate to an Aux OTF switch. 🤷‍♂️
But if you learn your Tx well enough, you will see that it only takes 3 key presses to get into your D/R screen. Without Scrolling the menu.
After you turn ON the RC6GS, navigate once to the D/R screen, then when you press Exit and Enter simultaneously, The D/R selection item is always right there. One more press of the Enter button gives you the D/R screen. The Radio remembers your last screen, D/R (#13. D/R). When you turn OFF the TX, it defaults to Item #1.
I find that simple enough.. D/R is only set once and not a setting that Needs to be set all the time while so called "Speed Running". The RC6GS is leaps and bounds way better than the DX2E IMO. Just the range alone is superior. The DX2 E D/R analog knob is lame, easily moved as are all the other knobs. I hate RTR radios for that one reason. I think you need to get used to the RC6GS. Play with it more. It really is more user friendly than you think. Just way different than the DX2E which appears you are more used to using.
Just my thoughts.
:cool:

Hi all,

Just wondered if there was a quick and easy way to change the dual rate on the Radiolink RC6GS on the fly, like there is for the Spektrum DX2e? Would be very handy when alternating between bashing and speed runs

Cheers
Sorry that I don’t have an answer for you, but I wanted to post to say that is something I wish was an easier task on most radios. On my 3PV I can hit a switch to reduce the D/R, but it takes 15 seconds to go from 100 to 30. Would be nice to have an A/B switch instead.

Thanks for the replies. Yep I currently have it set on the D/R screen so like you say it's only a couple of button pushes away. Just would be nice to be able to assign it to a button-push but not the end of the world.

I run 24/46 gearing in my Talion for all-round use, speed running or bashing. Using a TP4070 2200kv & Max6 esc. I try and speed run where I can as I like the thrill of a fast R/C, but according to my GPS it's never got above 58mph. Bit disappointing considering it's supposed to do 70mph with stock electronics on 20/50 gearing. Put heaving diff oil in it too...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back