RadioLink RC6GS Help. Forward works but no reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
Hopefully someone here can guide me. I'm not familiar with how to operate all the functions and can't figure out why I have forward throttle but no reverse. Can't find anything online either. Radio is reset as standard from the factory. Hope one of you is kind enough to help. Thanks.

I know this is going to sound like a dumb question but did you calibrate the transmitter to the esc?

I know this is going to sound like a dumb question but did you calibrate the transmitter to the esc?

Nope. Not dumb on your part. Only mine. I suppose I'm supposed to do that too.
Is this something I should find in the manual? Does it work for all radios the same method?
Is this something I should find in the manual? Does it work for all radios the same method?

Got it. Thanks for your help. ???????

Last edited:

Got it. Thanks for your help. ???????
Yes it should be in the manual, and yes it is the same no matter what radio you have as it is done through the esc.
qWAF7CT6XZRQ28765R.jpg

Yes it should be in the manual, and yes it is the same no matter what radio you have as it is done through the esc.
View attachment 48317

I'm on it now. Found it in the manual and got it installed. Thanks for your help. I've always used stock radios and had the RL for a long time because I was intimidated by the process. So, I wouldnt drive the v4 Kraton at all because the stock radio lost signal a few weeks ago. Now I should be good to go.

Feels good. St-Rate at 80% now because it felt squirrely at first. Tomorrow I'll get somebody to help me test the range but I got two neighborhood blocks so far which is at least what I can do on the Tactic radio systems on the other trucks.

Feels good. St-Rate at 80% now because it felt squirrely at first. Tomorrow I'll get somebody to help me test the range but I got two neighborhood blocks so far which is at least what I can do on the Tactic radio systems on the other trucks.
I can’t get more than 100-150 feet before mine cuts out. That’s a big improvement from a few weeks ago when I couldn’t get 15 feet. I replaced the receivers again and the new set seems to be better, but not great.

I've never been able to find the range of any of my rcs, I lose sight of them before I lose range.

I've never been able to find the range of any of my rcs, I lose sight of them before I lose range.

Thats why I'm gonna bring some help. Just want to know. Plus, my parents live about three blocks away so I can try to put a little fpv cam on that I still have from FPV days with Aomway goggles and sneak up on my old man when he's in the yard.
Sometimes the smallest things entertain me. rofl

I can’t get more than 100-150 feet before mine cuts out. That’s a big improvement from a few weeks ago when I couldn’t get 15 feet. I replaced the receivers again and the new set seems to be better, but not great.
I’ve just had 4 cars all loose reception 2 on the rc4gs and 2 on the rc6gs, and we had just found a full motocross race track closed to public but we got the ok from park manager. God dam radiolink I raved about these but now I’m over it as today was ruined hahaha
Between 4 cars I had out I managed one full battery and about 500mt f frustration over 2 hrs thanks to radiolink.

Drones never have this issue or we’d know about it with them falling out of the sky frequently,so what’s better about there radio gear than ours.

I’ve just had 4 cars all loose reception 2 on the rc4gs and 2 on the rc6gs, and we had just found a full motocross race track closed to public but we got the ok from park manager. God dam radiolink I raved about these but now I’m over it as today was ruined hahaha
Between 4 cars I had out I managed one full battery and about 500mt f frustration over 2 hrs thanks to radiolink.

Drones never have this issue or we’d know about it with them falling out of the sky frequently,so what’s better about there radio gear than ours.

Hows your antenna set up on the RadioLink? No issues at all for me and I've cable tied my antenna to the center cage. Response is excellent, range is more than I will ever need, no lag.
I imagine that if I were to stuff it all in the rx box I could have trouble but I routed mine to extend fully and good to go.

edit: the drones I have that would fail were also routed well with the antenna and still trouble all were Spektrum related. Not at all uncommon with Spektrum and air models.

Hows your antenna set up on the RadioLink? No issues at all for me and I've cable tied my antenna to the center cage. Response is excellent, range is more than I will ever need, no lag.
I imagine that if I were to stuff it all in the rx box I could have trouble but I routed mine to extend fully and good to go.

edit: the drones I have that would fail were also routed well with the antenna and still trouble all were Spektrum related. Not at all uncommon with Spektrum and air models.
Until today I have had no problems with any of the cars I run on the radio link. They worked flawlessly for 2 months and today 4 cars all sitting in the corner feeling neglected haha
Antennae is basically mounted where the stock antennae goes. I’ve had great range since day 1 but not now.

Until today I have had no problems with any of the cars I run on the radio link. They worked flawlessly for 2 months and today 4 cars all sitting in the corner feeling neglected haha
Antennae is basically mounted where the stock antennae goes. I’ve had great range since day 1 but not now.

Man, I'd call em up. I want to know why all four went bad...you were on the same radio for all four?
Edit: Im using a 2s lipo in my radio. Are you using a lipo or standard batteries? I wonder about the radio now.

Man, I'd call em up. I want to know why all four went bad...you were on the same radio for all four?
Edit: Im using a 2s lipo in my radio. Are you using a lipo or standard batteries? I wonder about the radio now.
No not all on the same radio, 2 seperate transmitters both under 3 months old rc6gs - rc4gs. Running rechargeable standard aa batteries, power has always been fine and until today I was a massive fan but more simply because over here in nz warranty means nothing. So basically if I can’t solve it I’ll be looking for new transmitters and receivers. I’ve tried re binding with success but in under 15mt it’s lost all command.

I have my antennas all the way out of the body and still not enough range. Radiolink gave me a link to buy a replacement Tx module on AliExpress. Or I can pay to ship it to China where they will swap it for me. Should only take a month or so.

F that, I’m getting a Futaba when I get back from vacation in a few weeks.

I have my antennas all the way out of the body and still not enough range. Radiolink gave me a link to buy a replacement Tx module on AliExpress. Or I can pay to ship it to China where they will swap it for me. Should only take a month or so.

Really?? I'm highly disappointed now. Is there anything else you guys can tell me that RadioLink should be aware of? I'm going to contact them, link or copy these posts and find out how they can make this right. The reason I bought this system is because of the poor range and lack of quality / dependability of the stock Spektrum radio.
Also, I wonder if @razorrc has experienced any trouble since his initial tests?

Really?? I'm highly disappointed now. Is there anything else you guys can tell me that RadioLink should be aware of? I'm going to contact them, link or copy these posts and find out how they can make this right. The reason I bought this system is because of the poor range and lack of quality / dependability of the stock Spektrum radio.
Also, I wonder if @razorrc has experienced any trouble since his initial tests?
I have been in email contact with them for over a month and am exhausted. I’ve spent more time and money than if I would have just bought a Futaba system. If I didn’t care about having a multi-model radio, I would just get the Dumborc in a heartbeat.

I’m thinking the same thing tbh. One destroyed trip out is to many for me.

I’m thinking the same thing tbh. One destroyed trip out is to many for me.

I'm going to write them and explain my fears. I want to know how they will handle the concern direct from the horse's mouth.
I don't want Futaba and I don't like the way the DumboRC radio looks... I also was under the impression that DumboRC were made by RadioLink anyway? Maybe even use the same rx?

I'm going to write them and explain my fears. I want to know how they will handle the concern direct from the horse's mouth.
I don't want Futaba and I don't like the way the DumboRC radio looks... I also was under the impression that DumboRC were made by RadioLink anyway? Maybe even use the same rx?
They may very well be manufactured in the same factory, but the Dumborc radio has the best reviews I’ve ever seen. Kevin Talbot has used just about every radio known to man and gives glowing reviews about the Dumborc radio. He shows its range as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back