Radiolink RC6GS V2 with R7FG Reduced Runtime When Using Voltage Telemetry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w0den

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice shorter runtimes when the R7FG telemetry cable is plugged in? My runtime seems to drop by 2-3 minutes. I realize that the R7FG probably needs some power to transmit this telemetry, but a 2-3 minute drop seems extreme.

I run that setup. RC6GS/R7FG.( Lim/with telem.). 2-3 minutes is surely splitting hairs, and I see no relationship with run time and Telem at all. Telem uses minute signal voltages on the BEC circuit. And the Servo if anything uses most of the BEC amps anyway.
If anything, signal Latency would be a hit using Telem as indistinguishable as it is.
It has to be for other reasons, IMHO. And still 2-3 min. is nothing. Lipo run times always vary. Never the same. We all drive differently every single time. So run times will always vary. There is no way to discern 2-3 minutes as a constant difference every single time.
What exact Telem data are you set up for right now.????

I run that setup. RC6GS/R7FG.( Lim/with telem.). 2-3 minutes is surely splitting hairs, and I see no relationship with run time and Telem at all. Telem uses minute signal voltages on the BEC circuit. And the Servo if anything uses most of the BEC amps anyway.
If anything, signal Latency would be a hit using Telem as indistinguishable as it is.
It has to be for other reasons, IMHO. And still 2-3 min. is nothing. Lipo run times always vary. Never the same. We all drive differently every single time. So run times will always vary. There is no way to discern 2-3 minutes as a constant difference every single time.
What exact Telem data are you set up for right now.????
@SrC ,
Thanks for your response, and I totally hear what you are saying! That would be my expectation as well. What I have noticed is that after the car shuts itself down with the telemetry attached, I can try running it again, and it shuts down almost immediately. When I unplug the telemetry cable, I can run it for another few minutes before the shut down. Trying to time it with and without the telemetry cable would be hard since I am new to this hobby, and my driving is inconsistent. When I have some time on Friday I might teat the amp draw, because what I am seeing just doesn’t make sense!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back