Radiolink RC8X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok it looks like you can change the font, it uses .sif font files which is not a common format, seems to be font packages for integrated systems.

I found that you can use the Segger font converter can create fonts which work:
https://www.segger.com/products/user-interface/emwin/tools/tools-overview/

looks like the individual font .sif files are for the different size texts in the menu systems. so you need to create a .sif for each size. I think the font sizes are numbered according to the .sif file name.

The only problem I have found so far is that fonts don't support chinese so if you change the language to chinese the text doesn't display anything.
also the segger font converter cannot open the .sif files found in the radiolink sd card, I've emailed radiolink to see if they will let me know which program can be used to generate sif files which are properly compatible, otherwise so far I'm pretty happy with the font not being times new roman, lol

How's the gyro of these Radiolink receivers? If they're just as good as Spektrum AVC/ Traxxas TSM then I know what I'm getting.

I don't really use the gyro but sometimes it's nice just to have. I can get a RC8X from Banggood for $280 shipped.

I've attempted to use the gyro on its predecessor without much luck. I have not tried using it on this new one yet. I will though, and I'll report back. Wrong time of year tho I'm not outside for nothing.

Raining like crazy here, perfect day to mess with a new transmitter.

D31386BD-C9B5-41C4-B5B7-4D7E921BD5CA.jpeg

How's the gyro of these Radiolink receivers? If they're just as good as Spektrum AVC/ Traxxas TSM then I know what I'm getting.
They're not bad but AVC is the best I've tried so far. Wasn't enough to get me to stick to spektrum though. I use gyro on almost all of my rigs with the radiolink rc6gs iirc? It works well enough for my needs. Definitely helps with my drag pulls for sure.

If you can, try turning the screen brightness down. Alternately (or additionally) set the screen to auto-dim after 20-30sec of inactivity. LCDs are the primary power consumer on cell phones, tablets and the like. I'd assume that it will be the same on a display like this. I had the same issue with my 7PXR when I first got it. I had set the brightness to maximum and disabled auto-dim and I had to recharge my Tx battery every couple of days. After turning it down from 20 (I think that's max) to something like 8 and then having it auto-dim after 20-30 seconds, it lasts at least several weeks and typically much longer depending on how much I'm using it.

First thoughts driving with it. Insane amount of features. Not a race radio.

First it swallowed the 8 AAA's in a couple days. Then I put a 1000mah NIMH in and again a couple of days. I doubt I had it on for more than two hours.

Hoping more juice will be the remedy.
That's on the low end. I use 2s 2500 mah Spammers in my RC7GS. I charge my transmitter battery twice a month. Not counting bashing or speed runs, I do 2 crawls a week at 3 hours per. So over 24 hours of use on 2 charges. I wonder if the new RC8X draws more power?

Yup, it's a battery hog. 1700mah 2S LiPo, it drained it 50% in like an hour. 100% brightness, 60s/50% dim. Makes you realize why the NB4 has a huge battery pack for a base.

Back