RadioLink vs Spectrum DX5C advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Ok, so I just rebuilt the Senton 3s. I had thought the BLX 100 went fubar but my LHS wanted to look at it. So I brought it in and they tested it. The BLX 100 worked fine with their shop radio. So the conclusion here is the RadioLink sh!t the bed. Now, I can get it refunded or replaced but NOT by Saturday for a meet with friends. I have the DumboRC, but truthfully I haven't liked it. I will likely use this in my Senton 6/8s too if that needs weighing.
Its been recommended I try the DX5C. I trust their opinion and advice simply because they always pass on soaking me cash wise. I have been reading it up, even downloaded the manual. Seems somewhat similar setting wise to the Radiolink. doesn't have RadioLinks range but honestly, I cant even see the truck at 600m so really don't need all that, right? I have read review here on the DXC5.
What im looking for is feedback from those familar with both radio systems and their two cents. LHS shop couldn't really say because none of them had experience with the RadioLink.

I sold my DX5C because I couldn’t read the screen outside, it isn’t back lit also the power button gets stuck. I went to a Futaba 7PXr and I’m very happy with it.
Thats handy to know. No backlight means I cant read at all at night. And night times are prime time for me.

Correct, no backlight, but I never had issues during daytime. There is a contrast setting. It's crystal clear during the day and under heavy sunlight.

Correct, no backlight, but I never had issues during daytime. There is a contrast setting. It's crystal clear during the day and under heavy sunlight.
Still...waiting for someone to say which of the two is better. If I get it, I can get a 2nd receiver free(they know I have 2 Sentons). Price on receiver was $44.99 so I can "save " 50 bucks for 2 cases of beer! Lol

I don't have the Spektrum, but I do have the Radiolink RC6GS. I bought the Radiolink for use with my Typhon 3s for one main reason: range. Many radios only have a range of 200m, but the Radiolink has a range of 600m. That extra range makes a big difference when driving a fast RC vehicle at high speeds. Receivers for the Radiolink run $16.99 or $19.99 at Amazon, depending on whether you buy the 6 channel or the 7 channel. They both have a built-in gyro.

Have both, rarely run the dx5c. Mine is a little laggy, and I don't enjoy the programming on it much. And I hate the cost of the receivers! Due to the range issues, I've relegated it to crawler use- and it actually works great for that.
I'm still liking the radiolink far more. It feels a little cheap in the hand, but I can't fuss about the performance, or how easy it is to navigate for programming

I agree the RadioLink feels a little cheap and I don't love the antenna design (looks easy to break)
It works flawlessly, amazing range, and good response. Also I think the menu is very easy to navigate.

One big complaint is that you cannot assign the adjustment buttons on the remote to have different functions. For some people that is a big deal depending on your frequency of adjusting more advanced settings like dual rate / expo / and others.

UPDATE: Gonna pass on the DX5C. After reading it up, I discovered it won't take lipos in their transmitters, the telemetry I sought is available only if I get a telemetry capable Spectrum ESC and (this one I'm not totally clear on, correct me if I'm wrong) battery telemetry is only available with Spectrum Smart batteries.
For a laugh, I removed the receiver from the 6s and put it in the 3s. And it works now. So the receiver was the problem. A part of me was wondering if there was something I wasnt seeing with the DX5C that made it a better choice that would come to light in this thread. There wasn't.
So the decision was simple. Get a radio setup everyone feels isn't idea for speed runs, has frustrating setting adjustments, and required me to not use my new HW Max6 and 4985 if I want telemetry. Or stay with the radio set up that I've happy with. I want to thank everyone for help with this with their feedback.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back