Raider Raider battery suggestions, please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siguz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi everyone,
I love the performance of my Raider but I don't love the battery life.

-Can anyone suggest a specific battery that would give me about 1h of run time? Currently getting about 20min with stock 2000mah.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,
I love the performance of my Raider but I don't love the battery life.

-Can anyone suggest a specific battery that would give me about 1h of run time? Currently getting about 20min with stock 2000mah.

Thanks in advance

I don't know if you're gonna get an hour with any battery, but I bumped up to a Venom 8.4v Nimh stick, and it bumped up performance as well as run time. It's a 3000mah

I don't know if you're gonna get an hour with any battery, but I bumped up to a Venom 8.4v Nimh stick, and it bumped up performance as well as run time. It's a 3000mah
How much more run time did that give you?

How much more run time did that give you?

Maybe another 10 minutes. It's tough to put an exact number on it. I run through the grass a lot, which will kill the battery quicker than doing a full run on asphalt.

If your getting 20 minutes on the stock battery, you should easily get over a half hour with a higher mah. Charge em both..... a quick change in the middle and you almost got your hour that you're looking for.

Maybe some of the guys that have experience with the 4000 and 5000 mah packs could speak to those run times. I'd be interested in hearing how long they last in a small car like our Raiders.

I got a Raider XL about a month ago and have been running 3s 5400's in it. I would say I'm easily getting 45 minutes per run.

Thanks for the input folks.
I'm going to wait till the snow is gone, but lipo is the way I'm going to go.

I was thinking.......
Do nimh batteries have a longer or shorter life expectancy as compared to a lipo?

just installed a 2s 5000mah 35c Lipo
fantastic!

previously i said i was getting 20min with a 2000mah nimh.....WRONG!
I timed it and actual run time was only 6 min full throttle

with this lipo.............25 min full throttle on combined terrain of asphalt, grass, sand, gravel.
and the raider is noticeably faster than before.

my front tires are actually completely bald after running 2 sessions.

woohoo!!!

just installed a 2s 5000mah 35c Lipo
fantastic!

previously i said i was getting 20min with a 2000mah nimh.....WRONG!
I timed it and actual run time was only 6 min full throttle

with this lipo.............25 min full throttle on combined terrain of asphalt, grass, sand, gravel.
and the raider is noticeably faster than before.

my front tires are actually completely bald after running 2 sessions.

woohoo!!!

Been running a venom 2s lipo since we got my son the raider mega. Back tires are bald as it don't like to git traction lol. We get like 1 hour run times with it and that's mostly open throttle all the time. My question is anyone run 3s on stock Electronics? Want more speed and have a couple here I can run

Hi

That would be pushing it for a mega, after running it on 3s you would more then likely end up having to replace the ESC, the motor, and the gears in the tranny.

Hi

That would be pushing it for a mega, after running it on 3s you would more then likely end up having to replace the ESC, the motor, and the gears in the tranny.
I agree.
I don't think it's worth the risk.
Though the mega is tough, it's still fragile and not designed for 3s

Hi

There are quite a few posts about Megas on 3s ...... and the results are not good !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back