Raider Raider, Between a BLS and BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Vorteks
On ESC's, BLS = 35 amps, BLX = 80 amps, from specs I've read.
So, 60 amps is between 35 and 80.
My $21 ESC came in, Hobbypower 60 Amp, ($21 eBay ESC). It had 3.5mm bullets, soldered on 4mm bullets to match all the brushless motors in my toolbox. Plug was Tamiya, soldered on a Dean's plug.
Motor, 5200kv $18 eBay Motor
Below is a YT of it installed. I don't trust holding the ESC down with Velcro, use a tie strap, drilled a hole, to cinch it into place.
My running video was not too good. I determined the right-rear wheel bearing is shot, causing the wheel to wobble and make the car unstable at high speed.
In short, here's my $39 "bottom-feeder" brushless system.

My $39 ebay combo has about 15 hours of indoor track time on it now. :)

My $39 ebay combo has about 15 hours of indoor track time on it now. :)

Just back from a run, couldn't get to top end.
I diagnosed, the right-rear wheel bearing is shot, the wobble sends the RC into a nasty fishtail, then spin out.
I've never changed a wheel bearing on an RC, so something new I guess.

Just back from a run, couldn't get to top end.
I diagnosed, the right-rear wheel bearing is shot, the wobble sends the RC into a nasty fishtail, then spin out.
I've never changed a wheel bearing on an RC, so something new I guess.
It's super easy.

I have been ordering brand new take off parts on ebay. A few company's are dismantling new kits and parting them out. Much cheaper to get replacements and spares. I got all 4 corners, nuckles, axles, bearings,wheel nuts and pins,hexs, and ball studs for 18 shipped. Much cheaper than individual ordering from tower.

It's super easy.

I have been ordering brand new take off parts on ebay. A few company's are dismantling new kits and parting them out. Much cheaper to get replacements and spares. I got all 4 corners, nuckles, axles, bearings,wheel nuts and pins,hexs, and ball studs for 18 shipped. Much cheaper than individual ordering from tower.

Do you have any links?
Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back