Raider Raider replacement parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eickot

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi Everybody,

I'm newbie with the RC-Cars and today I found in ebay an arrma raider blx with less than 200€, for what I looked I think it can be my car. (I know is not easy, 2wd, a lot of power, but it can be a good challange) But I'm worried, as this car is discontinued, If can be a problem to found replacement parts for this car, did you know if it's something that can be a problem?

the cool thing of this car is:
a) Is watterproof, currently I'm living in germany, and it should touch watter, from plants or because it start raining.
b) For what I like, I think 2wd will be more fun for me that 4x4.

Thanks
Eickot

I would not buy a used discontinued rc for my first rc, just throwing that out there because odds are that it is going to need to be rebuilt. If I were you I would go to my lhs and see what cars they have.

I currently have 2 rc cars that have been long discontinued and finding parts for them is not that easy.

Well, the link to the cas is this: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Arrma-Raide...rentrq:004a0ae716f0a4d0e1a8f31effb7bbcf|iid:1 They say is new.

I was expecting that will be hard to found replacement parts. This is why I asked and I didn't buy it already.

About my lhs, It's at 30km and my level of german for now is not the best of the world, I went some times to buy something for planes. They have almost everything tamiya. I see and try one tamiya neo fighter. It looks beatiful and is a great car. But doesn't look the best idea to run over wet grass or places with a little of mud. At least with the original electronics.

Thanks,
e.

Well, the link to the cas is this: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Arrma-Raider-BLX-1-10-2WD-Brushless-Buggy-RTR-Neu/143465950824?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20170511121231&meid=37b93579910c42afae1d14873d86adf7&pid=100675&rk=2&rkt=15&sd=202122874910&itm=143465950824&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:5fd42056-1dcd-11ea-8435-74dbd180d18a|parentrq:004a0ae716f0a4d0e1a8f31effb7bbcf|iid:1 They say is new.

I was expecting that will be hard to found replacement parts. This is why I asked and I didn't buy it already.

About my lhs, It's at 30km and my level of german for now is not the best of the world, I went some times to buy something for planes. They have almost everything tamiya. I see and try one tamiya neo fighter. It looks beatiful and is a great car. But doesn't look the best idea to run over wet grass or places with a little of mud. At least with the original electronics.

Thanks,
e.

Wow I think that's an OG 2013 Arrma Raider BLX and iirc those were $299.99 US new back in the day. The Mega models were like $239.99. The aluminum TVP, aluminum motor plate and aluminum front chassis makes me think it is. The latter models were entirely plastic, with optional aluminum TVP.
Yup 2013 Arrma Radier BLX https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR102547_ATY

Here is a parts list https://www.arrma-rc.com/products/-/15/1/AR102547_ATY/STD/ALL/ALL

But as good of a deal as it may be I still wouldn't buy it to use as a basher. Certain parts are already none existent for those models especially the early ones that had the aluminum TVP.

Last edited:
For what you are saying, is more a coleccionist RC-Car?

One quesztion, what do you mean with basher?

Thanks!
Eickot

Last edited:
For what you are saying, is more a coleccionist RC-Car?

One quesztion, what do you mean with basher?

Thanks!
Eickot
Yes more of something that you would buy and stick on a shelf.

Bashing is what you do with rc cars when you are not racing.

It's sad. For the reviews I watch about that car, looks really funy.

Thanks a lot.

It's sad. For the reviews I watch about that car, looks really funy.

Thanks a lot.
Yeah, sure it would be fun to drive, but it's not fun to have a car that's broken because you can't find parts for it anymore :(

Buying it for something to drive around your backyard or up and down the road a bit, ie take it easy, probably won't hurt as long as you don't get too crazy with it and run into stuff.

I never even consider any RC kit or RTR or Roller Brand if it has no parts support or parts are overpriced or my wallet cant handle it. I do my research first. I have many vintage RC's of years past and most were high end stuff, however, not finding parts for them reduces them to mere shelf queens. Buying a fairly recent contemporary rig with a good parts train is the only way to get serious about this hobby. Many brands fall short in this area. Caveat Emptor. (buyer beware). I had a new AE Pro SC 4x4 SC that was discontinued 2 years ago. Used it for about 6 months to find no more support for it. AE sold out their parts Inventory for it only to find them on Ebay at triple and quadruple their original price. I called AE to let them know what I thought about their Brand controlled by Thunder Tiger. I cant even find diff gears any longer. Waste of money. Sits on the shelf now for a year and a half. Its worthless. Can't even sell it. Waste of $350. and another $300. in upgrade parts I purchased out the box. Just one recent example. Ironically I can still find some AE parts for my RC10T and 10GT that is 25+ years old. I still run these because I can find parts for them. Stay away from AE RTR stuff. Their Track stuff is ok IMHO. But I don't race anymore. I said bye to AE.

As a past, as well as a current owner of several of the Arrma 2WD vehicles that use that chassis (Fury, Raider, Granite BLX 2WD, Mojave 2WD, Vorteks), i can tell you from experience there is a whole list of parts that are no longer available anywhere, including the entire rear diff, whether it is the plastic or the metal geared diff, which necessitates replacing it, and whatever you replace it with, making it fit with shims, and hoping it works, and, currently, the only rear diff i know that will work, but needs to be shimmed, is the harder and harder to find MIP ball diff for the HPI Blitz, which then tends to break the axle pins in the rear hexes, which means upgrading the rear uprights, hexes and pins to something sturdier, which then means keeping a supply of the 83MM dogbones on hand, since they can twist off and break under a lot of power. I don't know if you are looking for a basher, or something to race with, but, unless you have a good local hobby shop, or some friends with a bunch of spare parts you can use to test what upgrades will and wont work, i would pass on any used Arrma with that chassis. I myself have been searching for more than a year for an upgrade to the weak rear dogbones and weak axle pins, with no luck so far. I currently have 2 Fury's that use that chassis, both 2013 models, both with the same issue.

If you are looking for something fun, fast, durable, waterproof, and reliable, look for a Losi 22S. I have one each of the base model, and one of the 3X model, and, no matter how hard i am on them, i haven't broken anything on them yet, and i run on gravel, asphalt, rocks, mud, sand, and even blast through water puddles.

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2510209.m570.l1313&_nkw=losi+22s&_sacat=0

Last edited:
I never even consider any RC kit or RTR or Roller Brand if it has no parts support or parts are overpriced or my wallet cant handle it. I do my research first. I have many vintage RC's of years past and most were high end stuff, however, not finding parts for them reduces them to mere shelf queens. Buying a fairly recent contemporary rig with a good parts train is the only way to get serious about this hobby. Many brands fall short in this area. Caveat Emptor. (buyer beware). I had a new AE Pro SC 4x4 SC that was discontinued 2 years ago. Used it for about 6 months to find no more support for it. AE sold out their parts Inventory for it only to find them on Ebay at triple and quadruple their original price. I called AE to let them know what I thought about their Brand controlled by Thunder Tiger. I cant even find diff gears any longer. Waste of money. Sits on the shelf now for a year and a half. Its worthless. Can't even sell it. Waste of $350. and another $300. in upgrade parts I purchased out the box. Just one recent example. Ironically I can still find some AE parts for my RC10T and 10GT that is 25+ years old. I still run these because I can find parts for them. Stay away from AE RTR stuff. Their Track stuff is ok IMHO. But I don't race anymore. I said bye to AE.
Just Google Planned Obsolescence.

It sure is Planned Obsolescence. Just that prior to T.Tiger buying Team Associated, it was a great company that lead this industry with the best support around. Parts were in abundance for years on older models. Things have changed. Interesting that Traxass still operates in this regard. They have parts for even their oldest rigs. But Trx never really updates their stuff or offers new rigs frequently anyway. So they can afford to keep parts available.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back