Raider Raider Servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
I guess this is not just a raider issue but an arrma issue in general. I've had my buggy for about 2 weeks and I seemed to have stripped the servo gear. I'll contact arrma as it should be covered in the warranty but if they replace it i'll probably just end up stripping it again. Does anyone have any servos they would recommend or any experience with this issue?

Thanks. I think I will go with metal gears so that I can avoid messing with it in the future. They are pretty hard to get at

What's your price range? You can get normal replacement for less than $50 or have serious overkill and spend $150-200. Hitec and Savox are two of the more popular aftermarket servos, but they do have a few tried and true favorites from RTR rigs. The Traxxas 2075 is a really popular servo that's water proof and can be found on the eBay chop shops for around $20.

I don't want to go too crazy with price. I just need something reliable that will get the job done. Water proof is not a must but I would like to keep the vehicle in a waterproof state if the price is right. I was looking into a hitec servo at my hobby shop so that should work for me but I'm still leaning towards just picking up a metal gear set as I don't mind digging into it and tinkering a little bit.

Luckily the Raider doesn't require a ton of torque from it's servo so you should be able to grab a normal servo and be fine. MTs with heavy tires start requiring stronger more expensive servos, and stronger servos require more power. To get more power you'll need a BEC, and to get the extra torque to the wheels, you're going to need a stronger servo saver. And that is one of the many reasons this is an expensive hobby. RCs are like the mouse from "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie", except it would be called "If You Give Your RC an Upgrade".

FYI: My son stripped the gears in his ADS-5 plastic servo in his Fury BLS. I called Arrma for warranty and they replaced it with an ADS-7M metal gear servo.

I tried getting in touch with them also. Hopefully they'll send me out a nice one but they are pretty slow at communicating with me usually... Maybe I'm just too impatient. I ended up ordering a set of metal gears anyway so I'm covered for now.

I tried getting in touch with them also. Hopefully they'll send me out a nice one but they are pretty slow at communicating with me usually... Maybe I'm just too impatient. I ended up ordering a set of metal gears anyway so I'm covered for now.

In my experience you have to call, (and wait on hold a bit), but once you get them on the phone they take care if you quickly. Unfortunately, emailing, Facebook messages and other methods seem to go unanswered.

Note: I'm in the US and have called Hobbico that handles Arrma support here. If you are not in the US you may have a different experience.

What's your price range? You can get normal replacement for less than $50 or have serious overkill and spend $150-200. Hitec and Savox are two of the more popular aftermarket servos, but they do have a few tried and true favorites from RTR rigs. The Traxxas 2075 is a really popular servo that's water proof and can be found on the eBay chop shops for around $20.
Does it have to be an analog or digital Traxxas 2075?

Happened to me too. I now changes to a hitec servo and everything is fine

If your end points are set on your steering to over-steer, it could be putting too much pressure on your steering system. You may need to re align your end points.

In my experience you have to call, (and wait on hold a bit), but once you get them on the phone they take care if you quickly. Unfortunately, emailing, Facebook messages and other methods seem to go unanswered.

Note: I'm in the US and have called Hobbico that handles Arrma support here. If you are not in the US you may have a different experience.
Whenever I have a problem I just email product support and give them a detailed description of my problem, include my receipt and shipping address and they have parts shipping to me in a few days.

James - Don't know if you are still on forum, but did the metal gears for the ADS-7m fit in the ADS-5 Servo. May do the same but thought I would try and find out before spending for parts that don't work.
Thanks,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back