Raider Raider XL BLX as poor as a china rc car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Just spend 300€ on a Raider xl blx.....
so not worth it, on the first run on 2s at half speed, it hit a poste and straight the hole right front ( strreing arm, shock, rod...) broke off and a part of the back as well.
this car is not worth to be called a ( brand name) buggy if it cant take a smal crash, its not comparable with my Kraton, its not something you would expect from Arrma, its like a cheap china rc car, and has a lot more down sides.
i'm really frustrated and dissepointed that Arrma puts that on the market as a brand car.
so after 1,5 minutes of fun, now it's weeks of waiting for spare parts and a few houres of replacing it all.... deffenetly uncool ,

Rc car into pole = bad day no matter what. There is a pole near my house that has taken out almost ever rc I own at least once. Even my Summit has seen its wrath.

I know, but it wasnt all that fast, and when the waranty says that Arrma cars are desinged to take a punesment, than you expect that it would not brake 5 parts, specialy wen running on half speed at 2s....
i also have a Kraton, now that thing can take a beating... big time on full speed at 4S

Newtons 3rd Law
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
The statment means that in every iteraction, there is a pair of forces on the two interacting objects.
Moving car solid object stuff breaks!
Get over it!
Practice your driving skills.

Ever since they cheaped out on the BLX and made it with less metal parts, I have a BLX that was the original with all the metal and that thing is a tank, I have heard a lot though about the newer cheaper BLX's being not as durable.

One upgrade that they did give the raider which it desperately needed was better dogbones. Before the newer Raider BLX came out I was going through a lot of dogbones and Outdrives.

I jumped into a fence pole at a baseball field and only my back wheel came contact with the pole, it ripped the entire rear suspension off and bent the hinge pins on the lower control arms on my talion. I wasn't going that fast either, but that's what happens when you hit a immovable object. I wasn't even mad, I just know never to jump towards a fence ever again.

i have crashed both my associated and losi cars into poles (well one was a fence post, but same thing)

guess what, they both broke. not once did i blame the rc company for it breaking. you are probably going anywhere from 10 to 60 mph, of course it is going to break.

honestly, the arrma is so much nicer than nearly all of my other rc cars (i have 15 total). i have more arrma cars than any other company.

Last edited:
When I first got the Raider XL Blx, I drove it straight into a curb. Guess what happened? The left steering arm broke in two. I didn't go wailing to the company, I just was more careful next time. You have to get used to the sheer power of the cars. They aren't just cheap Made in China toys. They are powerful racing machines. Also, they tend to be a lot more tender and fragile when they are fresh out of the box. You will probably spend about $40 worth of repairs before you get the hang of it and parts stop breaking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back