Granite Ramp bash - Granite with Custom RC Upgrades chassis brace

GRC

Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Jumping the Granite off the ramp again. Just got new MX28's so I actually have enough traction to hit the ramp while on grass. Also trying out the CRCU chassis brace. It definitely stiffens the chassis, but it's really heavy. I'm getting really bouncy landings here. I'm not sure if it's because of the extra weight or the turf. I'm going to try the same spot without the chassis brace tomorrow.

Last edited:

stiles

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Nice jumping. Mine bounces a little too but it’s 4s and a bunch of upgrades and it’s way heavier. The 6s shocks help and I’m using 90 weight

m.mahdi_sh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Jumping the Granite off the ramp again. Just got new MX28's so I actually have enough traction to hit the ramp while on grass. Also trying out the CRCU chassis brace. It definitely stiffens the chassis, but it's really heavy. I'm getting really bouncy landings here. I'm not sure if it's because of the extra weight or the turf. I'm going to try the same spot without the chassis brace tomorrow.

Great jumps and greater lands!
nothing happened at the last nose landing?
i was thinking about some video angles that may be interesting, place the camera under the ramp and shoot the lands behind the car! and near the ramp shooting along the ramp is a common one which i thing would be interesting

could u share ur ramps sketch or smth?

GRC

Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Thanks. No damage from that landing. I have other videos using various angles.

It's a basic ramp build. The size is as big as I could fit in my SUV without putting the seats down. Check on YouTube. There are lots of videos on how to build a ramp. Basic rule is it should be twice as long as it is high. My ramp is 3 feet wide, which I think is minimum. Wider would be even better. The launch angle is slightly more than 45, so I would say around 50 degrees. The curve of the ramp was trial and error, I made 3 ramps in total, I liked the way this launched the best.

m.mahdi_sh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Thanks. No damage from that landing. I have other videos using various angles.

It's a basic ramp build. The size is as big as I could fit in my SUV without putting the seats down. Check on YouTube. There are lots of videos on how to build a ramp. Basic rule is it should be twice as long as it is high. My ramp is 3 feet wide, which I think is minimum. Wider would be even better. The launch angle is slightly more than 45, so I would say around 50 degrees. The curve of the ramp was trial and error, I made 3 ramps in total, I liked the way this launched the best.
yes it launches perfectly, tnx

Paul777

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 3s
The curve of the ramp wants to be the arc of a circle - pencil and a piece of string. I have a spreadsheet that does calcs for me.
http://www.haleynet.co.uk/RCRampCalcs.xlsx
You fill in the green boxes adapting the radius of arc until you get the height you want, then match the yellow values to the diagram to see what to cut. Key is getting the centre of the circle in the right place relative to the piece of wood.
I actually made mine so I can shorten the legs and detach the lip to move between 45deg and 35deg take-off and for RC cars (unlike the ones I make for the kids scooters and bikes) you don't even need solid sides, and the surface of mine is just hardboard.
I'd agree with GRC 3ft wide is the minimum to make aiming at it easy. Once you get the hang of it they're pretty easy to knock up.

studawg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I remember making my quarter pipe back in the day with a string and pencil, good times :)

Solid looking ramp!