Ramp Build Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yammo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
So with everything goin on and being stuck at the house figured it was time to clean out the old shed and reorganize which turned out to be a 3 day grueling task but freed up some of the power tools I had crammed in the back of the shed and after I had access to tools that had been previously hidden away in the back of the shed for sooo loong I felt like using em so decided to get a ramp build going(probably been 4+ years since I’ve been able to get to that miter saw). Also decided why not document it and throw it up on YouTube for some of those that may be interested in making one themselves but want a little Visual guidance. Unfortunately during the running portion of the video the curse of the Outcast struck again with stripped gears(swear I can barely ever get a full run out of the dang thing before the curse strikes) so had to finish off the ramp testing with my slash, but hope you guys enjoy the build!

Oh yea and if anyone has ideas on improving traction on the ramp it would be much appreciated, thinking of spray on bed liner which I saw someone here do on another thread, also thought of a few strips of 3m traction tape for outdoor stairs but it’s issentially a super course grit sand paper and dunno if it will damage tires. Was also contemplating screwing on a patch of carpet but not sure where to get a small scrap of free carpet ?. Also want to keep it aesthetically pleasing and not sure carpet or bed liner will look all that great.

P.S. I have made another ramp build video(lower angle speed ramp) since making the original ramp only using the scrap wood left over from the original ramp and only using a jigsaw to make all cuts, buut don’t want to upload it until I have some running video so gotta wait till my Outcast is back up and running.

Oh yea and if anyone has ideas on improving traction on the ramp it would be much appreciated, thinking of spray on bed liner which I saw someone here do on another thread

I think the bed liner thing might be from my ramp build thread. I actually used a pint can of brush on bed liner and overall it worked great and is holding up. There were comments that due to the abrasive texture that it would be scratching up chassis plates like crazy. While that may be true I haven't had issues as I usually do a medium speed approach then full punch as I hit the ramp so it doesn't bottom out that much for very long, plus I run guerilla tape on the undercarriage of most of my bashers.

I guess if you were concerned about this method causes scratching maybe only lining the bottom 1/2 or 1/3 might be enough for traction on the throttle punch then smooth on the back half when the chassis bottoms out.

Coming from a professional carpenter, I’d say you did a fine job! ?
Good to hear haha. Yea haven't had a chance to wood work much in my life, pretty much a set of cornhole boards and not much else I’ve built, so yea pretty proud of the end result with this ramp. Particularly proud of my clamp ingenuity clamping a 2x4 then clamping that clamp to the plywood to hold the 2x4 in place hahaha. Actually made myself a right angle clamp jig with some of the scrap wood after having to do that, but yea I’m digging the wood working and probably will be trying to make more projects happen. Already planning on making a laptop organizer shelf for the kids school laptops and probably an upgraded set of cornhole boards. Gotta say building stuff is pretty addictive.

I think the bed liner thing might be from my ramp build thread. I actually used a pint can of brush on bed liner and overall it worked great and is holding up. There were comments that due to the abrasive texture that it would be scratching up chassis plates like crazy. While that may be true I haven't had issues as I usually do a medium speed approach then full punch as I hit the ramp so it doesn't bottom out that much for very long, plus I run guerilla tape on the undercarriage of most of my bashers.

I guess if you were concerned about this method causes scratching maybe only lining the bottom 1/2 or 1/3 might be enough for traction on the throttle punch then smooth on the back half when the chassis bottoms out.

Yea pretty sure it was you but yea thats what had me worried with the grip tape messing up tires and chassis but feel like bed liner would be fine. Got a can of the spray stuff I use to coat the inside of my lexan bodies Instead of using tape which I think works great but then again I have only been in the RC hobby for like 2 years and haven’t ever tried tape and haven’t destroyed enough bodies to have a frame of reference. But yea I do feel like the ramp definitely needs grip though can hear the tires spinning on the wood. I messed up and sanded the surface too so it’s real slick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back