Ramp builds what do you have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
49E5B67E-0043-4DCB-8899-C123684AE929.jpeg

Here is my current ramp, 16” high, 32” long, 4’ wide with a 45 degree angle on the top. It is light enough that I can throw it in the pack of my truck easily, carrying it a couple hundred feet it is nice to have a second set of hands. I want to either build something to make it bigger, or just build a totally new bigger one.

I used to have an associated nitro RC10GT. I jumped the sheet out of that thing using a 55 gallon drum and a piece of plywood.it was slower than my current 3s Typhon💪

33" tall 73" long 48" wide 45° launch angle. No problems rolling it around with one hand on solid surfaces, occasionally need 2 on soft ground. And load it in the bed of my truck with no problems by myself.
20220309_204152.jpg

And please excuse my dirty garage.

33" tall 73" long 48" wide 45° launch angle. No problems rolling it around with one hand on solid surfaces, occasionally need 2 on soft ground. And load it in the bed of my truck with no problems by myself.View attachment 205319
And please excuse my dirty garage.

Hit that ramp how it sits and please get it on vid! 👍🏻

View attachment 205317

Here is my current ramp, 16” high, 32” long, 4’ wide with a 45 degree angle on the top. It is light enough that I can throw it in the pack of my truck easily, carrying it a couple hundred feet it is nice to have a second set of hands. I want to either build something to make it bigger, or just build a totally new bigger one.
hey thats my ramp I'm going to go check my shed
Nice

I recently saw milehigh's video. It's a basic wooden ramp build, but it has the clearest explanation and presentation of any video I've seen. It also includes all the little tips and insights other videos forget to mention. Finally, I was impressed at how light yet sturdy the ramp was. I already built a ramp that works well, but it's WAY heavier than this one. I wanted to make it sturdy, but after watching this video, I think I overdid it and I'm going to make a lighter one.

Last edited:
I don't have any good pics atm. But this was most of the frame. I put 4 or 5 more supports across. Laid some laminate wood. 1/4".
20220125_161801.jpg

It's a 2:1 ratio. 16" x 32" and 3ft wide. Also cut holes in front on the sides (where it doesn't mess with structure) to carry it with. Maybe 20lbs..

20220208_160946.jpg

I recently saw milehigh's video. It's a basic wooden ramp build, but it has the clearest explanation and presentation of any video I've seen. It also includes all the little tips and insights other videos forget to mention. Finally, I was impressed at how light yet sturdy the ramp was. I already built a ramp that works well, but it's WAY heavier than this one. I wanted to make it sturdy, but after watching this video, I think I overdid it and I'm going to make a lighter one.

I went by that just made it lighter also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back