Ramp hieght and angle for learning how to properly jump k6s and noto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
What is a good hieght and final angle for a ramp to learn how to jump a k6s and noto. I don't want to fully send it to the moon but I don't want a wimpy ramp for kids either. I have looked through the other threads and there is one common theme...make it your own desired angle and hieght.

What is a good hieght and final angle for a ramp to learn how to jump a k6s and noto. I don't want to fully send it to the moon but I don't want a wimpy ramp for kids either. I have looked through the other threads and there is one common theme...make it your own desired angle and hieght.
Let me go measure the ramp I just built I really like it. It's good for slower stuff to learn and get comfy but also I can send probably 60ft long with higher speeds👍

Length of sides at bottom is 50" long, height of sides/top of ramp is 22", width of ramp itself is 44". Not sure if you have Instagram as I don't have any videos on my channel yet with the new ramp but here's a reel sending my TyphCast off the ramp for some size comparison and to see how it sends the rig👍 https://www.instagram.com/reel/CKb5u8SFn-U/?igshid=1220j035bv7wh

IMG_20210127_201756881~2.jpg

Not sure on angle here's some kind of idea for you next to a square. Really like the angle though not too steep and sends my rigs nice and far and at good height instead of my last ramp would send me higher up than further out almost 👍
IMG_20210127_202318172.jpg

I would need to do some searching but there was a thread started about this oh like 4-5 months ago and another member posted a link to this thing where someone calculated the best angle for the ramp to get the most height and the most distance.

I would need to do some searching but there was a thread started about this oh like 4-5 months ago and another member posted a link to this thing where someone calculated the best angle for the ramp to get the most height and the most distance.
I found that thread but couldn't get the link to work for me. I have started a template at 48 inch long 24 high 42 wide and a final angle of 45 degrees. Thinking of carpeting it for traction too.

Go faster go farther 60 ' try 100' of that ramp at 50mph. Just set up so if you miss you just fly past.💪💯

I've just built one this week with 45º angle at the end, very similar to the @Edough13 one but in plastic.

I reuse PP plastic layers of 5mm thickness I had at home and result was better than expected. I will measure it later on when arriving home and I will update with measurements. Add some pictures and a quick video.

Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX Ramp Jumping - YouTube

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 07.40.17 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 07.40.39 (1).jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back