Ramp strong enough for the K8?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rescind my height comment but stand by my distance comment. i was drinking at the time.🙃

Edit.
I made a really nice 45 degee ramp…….that wouldn’t fit in my truck (tonneau cover, limiting factor). I hauled it around for a while but couldn’t close my rear gate.
I then made a 30 degree that buttoned up nicely in the truck….and to bring that ramp to 45, I simply block it up with some 6x6 pressure treated….

Last edited:
For those of us who spent most of shop class smoking in the bathroom, can anyone recommend an off-the-shelf product I can buy instead? I've seen a few on the market that claim to accommodate 1/8th scale buggies, but haven't been able to find anything advertising something sturdy enough for 1/5.
Not sure where you’re at but you might want to check on OfferUp or Craigslist to see if there is any skateboard ramp builders local. A ramp made to handle a person will handle a 1/5th scale. Local to me is some teenagers that made a company building ramps during the pandemic. Hard not to support local kids trying hard and making a good product. Example.. Seattle Skate Features

I got an earlier version of the Tbone ramp (maybe 3.0) and it was bending on merely decent 1/10 scale and light 1/8th scale hits. I bought a bunch of stuff to reinforce it but tired of the project as I got into more larger scale vehicles, realizing that it still wouldn’t be strong enough for large scale trucks. Also all the hardware was in standard not metric like all my trucks. Didn’t like having to buy and carry more tools.

Good luck!
Hurricane

45 degrees is the optimum angle for distance at a given speed. It’s a projectile motion physics type thingy. It’s also important to have a proper lower transition to that 45 degrees so you can mitigate that chassis bottoming out before you launch.

ps, I’m a newb and not sending my truck yet, but physics doesn’t lie.
where were going... we don't need physics:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back