Ramps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect fit! Had to make mine so I could easily take it apart... Wife's not a fan lol
I made it to fit. ? 46”W 48”T 84”L with a 45° launch.

Last edited:
I whipped up two launch ramps and a couple landing ramps with 3/4 ply on the sides, 2or bracing in between and 1/4 lauan as the ramp. Sprayed the whole thing down in lacquer and it sits outside all the time. I don't know how long it will last but it only took a few hours and materials. I want to try to make a loop next.

Alright,not sure what I'm doing wrong,but I CAN"T get the Kraton to flip. The height isn't the problem. If I hit the throttle while in the air,it just sits there and I have to level it out to land. I also tried letting go of the throttle when it went airborne and then hitting the throttle again,and it still sits there.:( I go t my GoPro back today and I'll shoot some video tomorrow. :)

I used 1/4” plywood on the face. The underlayment panel always breaks. Run the grain perpendicular to the ramp direction so the wood bends easier to the curve. Also use screws to assemble. Nails will not hold Over time. if you’re gonna keep it out of the weather, use untreated wood as it’s much lighter. A couple of 2x4s and one sheet of plywood will do it. I’ve used an xmaxx, k8 s, and 3 arrma 6s rigs on it with no issues. Enjoy

I used 3/8 ply. Covered it 3x with waterproof roll on for shower pans. 44"w-48"L-24"H . Collapses to
8" H. I just use a granite on it so it's fairly light.

Attachments

• 20200425_193527.jpg
    20200425_193527.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 84
does anyone know if the Nitro circus mini-double ramp is worth having?? got the chance of one coming up cheap, I know its not the same thing as the DIY's shown, but is it still worthwhile for a semi-portable mini ramp ?? wish it was the standard large version rather than the mini-double, but hey ho.... for £14 figured it might be worth a bash(sic )
any Nitro-Circus reviews/worth having at all? did anyone get or used oneat all?

@IWANTBLUE looks like equivalent skateboard ramps that a lot of people are using.
Check Rich Duperbash videos, he uses them on embankments etc.
They are narrow, you would need 2 for 1/8 or real good aim. There would be a gap in between, plenty of misses will happen.
Sturdy and probably good for distance, not for high jumps or flips unless you prop them up against something.
These go under several names, pick the cheapest.

A US style example
https://www.amazon.com/Landwave-LWR...14&s=outdoor-recreation&sr=1-19&ts_id=3416201

Look at @4:20 but plenty of others use them.

@IWANTBLUE looks like equivalent skateboard ramps that a lot of people are using.
Check Rich Duperbash videos, he uses them on embankments etc.
They are narrow, you would need 2 for 1/8 or real good aim. There would be a gap in between, plenty of misses will happen.
Sturdy and probably good for distance, not for high jumps or flips unless you prop them up against something.
These go under several names, pick the cheapest.

A US style example
https://www.amazon.com/Landwave-LWR-Single-Skateboard-Ramp/dp/B000I4YIF6/ref=sr_1_19?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Skateboard+Ramps+&+Rails&qid=1619786114&s=outdoor-recreation&sr=1-19&ts_id=3416201

Look at @4:20 but plenty of others use them.
Yeah I'd seen Rich and others using those, so wouldn't have hesitated at those... and yeah same thing as a number of manufacturers as far as I can tell, the reason for my question was more for the mini-double version , as from what I can tell that's the same total length but half the length in height with a slope from each side.... I wouldn't consider it at normal cost but its on offer at £14 so whats that about $20 and seemed like noob starter ramp maybe ?

I'll definitely self build at a later date as im Like I wan't my Kraton to be ....Master of ....None 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back