Kraton Ran Kraton in water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montenegro1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I ran my Kraton for the first time today in an open grassy area at my son's school. The grass was water logged and had a few puddles.

Is there anything I need to do after my run to ensure it runs properly next time?

Maybe use an air hose to get any access water off it. Or just dry it off the best you can. Water won't really hurt it but the screws and other parts will become rusted if water just sits on it over time.

Just learned today that Kraton 8s is not waterproof when I opened my receiver case to find it 10% filled with water.
It took me MANY hours to figure it out. Damn Bs. No sleep, it is now 5.30 in the morning and I was already pissed from 1 week of painful fever. Not cool, Arrma.

I pull the batteries on mine then lightly hose it off with hot water. I blow it dry with compressed air , spray it with WD-40 and let it dry in the sun for a day. I've had mine land upside down in a creak once with no damage to the electronics..

I pull the batteries on mine then lightly hose it off with hot water. I blow it dry with compressed air , spray it with WD-40 and let it dry in the sun for a day. I've had mine land upside down in a creak once with no damage to the electronics..
Check your receiver box. I just filled mine with proper water-proofing

Superdry paper clumps inside, and double layer super soft rubber tape all around the outside BUT after I put it back in the car it's not working (red light and error sound on transmitter when trying to bind) so I'm going to put this receiver in the garbage
(It worked and would auto-bind 1 hour ago)...

I run my rigs in wet conditions A LOT because its only dry here in the PNW for 3 months or so. I always run water over them enough to get mud/debris off, then set them on the floor right in front of a high speed fan aimed directly at them. I take care of other stuff and grab them after 45 minutes and walk outside and spray them with silicone lubricant. I find the occasional rusty screw, but other than that I've had no issues.
Heck I didn't even know the fans weren't meant to be waterproof for a long time. I've absolutely soaked and even submerged the fans multiple times while bashing and they just keep working anyway. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

I run my rigs in wet conditions A LOT because its only dry here in the PNW for 3 months or so. I always run water over them enough to get mud/debris off, then set them on the floor right in front of a high speed fan aimed directly at them. I take care of other stuff and grab them after 45 minutes and walk outside and spray them with silicone lubricant. I find the occasional rusty screw, but other than that I've had no issues.
Heck I didn't even know the fans weren't meant to be waterproof for a long time. I've absolutely soaked and even submerged the fans multiple times while bashing and they just keep working anyway. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:
I feel like this is how it should be, given it says WaterProof. I'd never purposely drive in water, but after giving it a test I learned that it wasn't. I've sorted it and I know I could get it on the warranty if corrosion destroyed the chip, but I'm not a peepee and I stay true to the art. Anyway. If your setup one day doesn't immediately auto-connect, it's wet.

Just learned today that Kraton 8s is not waterproof when I opened my receiver case to find it 10% filled with water.
It took me MANY hours to figure it out. Damn Bs. No sleep, it is now 5.30 in the morning and I was already pissed from 1 week of painful fever. Not cool, Arrma.
Maybe put some grease on the rubber seals.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back