Random antenna size question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
What is the o.d of our stock antenna tubes on the kraton/notos(6s), my cats are dinks and chewed my old ones so I can't measure them to order new ones on amazon

Gotcha ?
Does this help instead?
2EB63260-06BD-47B2-9779-ECAA4BF78066.jpeg

You can get replacement antennas on ebay but unsure how to solder or attach them ??
N nice, I'm planning on getting a 6ch Dunbo with Gyro soon for my Krayphoon ? after I Finnish my upgrades

You can get replacement antennas on ebay but unsure how to solder or attach them ??
N nice, I'm planning on getting a 6ch Dunbo with Gyro soon for my Krayphoon ? after I Finnish my upgrades
You solder them on but its a pain as the pads are super close to each other and its hard not to solder them togethor.

I just got a Dumborc and range is about the same as the Tactic, which is pretty good, but from all the hype I was expecting much more range. ??‍♂️

Try rebinding them and make sure you have good charged batteries. I had range issues too and that worked for me. I had both my rigs out with their dumbo setups and one had fpv going and we had great range. I can't see my car before it runs out.

Try rebinding them and make sure you have good charged batteries. I had range issues too and that worked for me. I had both my rigs out with their dumbo setups and one had fpv going and we had great range. I can't see my car before it runs out.
I have rechargeable from ikea very high quality batteries(aa). Last time i charged them was 1 year ago. so i will chrge them and try

They came bound from the factory, so I will give that a try and see if it makes a difference. Am getting about 500ft right now before it starts getting laggy.
I have rechargeable from ikea very high quality batteries(aa). Last time i charged them was 1 year ago. so i will chrge them and try
Rechargeable batteries have a lower voltage. You should just use alkalines or use a lipo pack.

I can use a 2s lipo. I have heard that is it true?
I do in my Futaba radio. If using Nicd cells (1.2v) then you’re only giving it 4.8v total. With fresh alkalines (1.5v) you’re giving it 6.0v total. A fully charged 2S lipo is 7.4v. The website says 4.8-12v for the transmitter

9B2B61DB-7503-4E95-AAF4-F6318259AC70.png

I do in my Futaba radio. If using Nicd cells (1.2v) then you’re only giving it 4.8v total. With fresh alkalines (1.5v) you’re giving it 6.0v total. A fully charged 2S lipo is 7.4v. The website says 4.8-12v for the transmitter

View attachment 104557
I use rechargeable batteries they work perfectly fine. I had a 2s futaba battery but the thing blew up so went back to rechargeable batteries. I Have great range no lag and no issues. You should always rebind when using a new transmitter never trust the factory bind. You should bind setup the throttle and calibrate esc everytime you put in a new receiver. Like the first thing you learn about rc at least it was for me.

I use rechargeable batteries they work perfectly fine. I had a 2s futaba battery but the thing blew up so went back to rechargeable batteries. I Have great range no lag and no issues. You should always rebind when using a new transmitter never trust the factory bind. You should bind setup the throttle and calibrate esc everytime you put in a new receiver. Like the first thing you learn about rc at least it was for me.
I did the throttle calibration just not a rebind. I will try that and report back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back