Random bashing story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Went out to the local bash spot today with my LC Racing truggy and my Tacon MT, was doing some backflips with the truggy when 2 guys pull up, one pulls out a new E-Revo 2.0 and the other pulls out an OG E-Revo. Both these guys are running 4s, the 2.0 guy hits a jump, crashes then goes about bashing, the OG guy hits the same jump, crashes and is completely out of commision. He pulled out 2 rod ends and snapped a driveshaft. He didn't even crash that hard. I was looking at his E-Revo after he broke it, and it was pretty beat up, not even sure how he was able to drive it. We were talking and he was complaining about how it's always broken, I asked him if he ever runs 6s and he just looked at me like he had no idea what I was talking about. So then I asked him what he ran for batteries and he's like 2 2s. The way that E-Revo looked it sure looked like he ran it on 6s a lot, but he never did. I never thought that you could cause that much damage to an E-Revo on just 4s, I can't imagine what the 6s guys must have went through.

Oh and here's a really crappy video of the EMB-T doing some backflips.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q344PSeqtW7j5DmB8

I have 3 revo's, 2 nitro, one brushless. The revo has issues in general that can be helped with some key upgrades. The v1 brushless revo is advertised as a 6S capable machine, but anyone that has one knows 4S is pretty much where you have to keep it unless you like replacing differentials and axles every weekend. I've never even tried 6S in mine. I started with SMC 9000mah 2S lipo's and now I run SMC 7200/7400mah 2S lipo's to cut some weight to help the suspension. The extra weight of the larger packs made it slap the ground soooooo hard on jumps. When you try increasing the spring rate and oil weight to compensate, it just busts rod ends, shock shafts, shock pistons. You can only go so far before it just can't take the abuse, so you find that line and step it down a notch, then live with it.

It cannot take near the abuse my outcast can. Doesn't mean it isn't fun, but I definitely have to be more reserved when I bash it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back