Random Battery Questions (Lipo)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Few questions:
  1. Any recommended reading materials as to extending the longevity of batteries?
  2. If i'm not using the batteries for a few days, do I need to put them in storage mode?
  3. When is it recommended i put them in storage mode?
  4. I sometimes charge the batteries, bash for 20 minutes and then leave the batteries as is; is that OK? (I unplug them)

1. Yes, there is a lot of reading material posted in this forum if you just do a search it will come up. Probably the best way to extend the longetivity is to follow the charging/storage/handling recommendations from the manufacturer of the battery.
2. I've charged up batteries before and then didn't get to run them right away for some reason or other but as long as they are not left unattended and get run within the next 24 hours or so I don't worry about it. Any longer than that I would definitely discharge them to storage voltage.
3. If they are not going to be used for any extended period of time I would put them into storage mode as soon as possible.
4. Same as #2 & #3 above.
I will not be held liable if you follow the above and something goes wrong. I am not claiming to be the lipo god. This is just from what I have read and experienced. Not all lipo batteries are made the same or even safely in some cases, and can be unreliable. I always place my lipo batteries in a lipo sack and fireproof container when not being used, whether charged or not, and never leave them in the vehicle. You assume all responsibility for anything that goes wrong. Hope this is of some help.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll simply put them in storage mode as often as possible. Seems to be best practice.

I don't have a smart charger, I only have a 1-3 cell lipo charger that uses the balance plugs to charge the battery, if I want to store the battery for a long time, how would I put a lipo into storage mode without a smart charger? I do have a lipo safe bag to put them in though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back