Random question about manually steering wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
Fairly new to RC - got a random question that has me puzzled. all my cars (Kraton 6s, big rock etc) I can steer the wheels manually when the car is turned off. This has always been the case.

Noticed after upgrading a Losi LMT servo to a DMOND one that I can no longer do this, wheel only steers now when the car is turned on and when I do it through the TX.

Not a big issue, but just wondering why I’m unable to change steering manually. Any thoughts?

Could it be the servo saver is on too tight?

Can’t seem to remember having this issue before I upgraded the servo and the servo saver.

As I say, no biggy - just trying to understand the car mechanics better.

Some servos are not designed to be able to move without power. For example, my Traxxas servos can’t be moved unless they are on. My brushless servos and one of my coreless servos of different brands can be moved freely without power.

Fairly new to RC - got a random question that has me puzzled. all my cars (Kraton 6s, big rock etc) I can steer the wheels manually when the car is turned off. This has always been the case.

Noticed after upgrading a Losi LMT servo to a DMOND one that I can no longer do this, wheel only steers now when the car is turned on and when I do it through the TX.

Not a big issue, but just wondering why I’m unable to change steering manually. Any thoughts?

Could it be the servo saver is on too tight?

Can’t seem to remember having this issue before I upgraded the servo and the servo saver.

As I say, no biggy - just trying to understand the car mechanics better.
My Losi Lasernut is the same, it wont move easily without power and I always wondered about it but wasnt too concerned as I want to change it any way.

Some servos are not designed to be able to move without power. For example, my Traxxas servos can’t be moved unless they are on. My brushless servos and one of my coreless servos of different brands can be moved freely without power.
Thanks for the reply, ok that makes sense.
My Losi Lasernut is the same, it wont move easily without power and I always wondered about it but wasnt too concerned as I want to change it any way.
Cheers dude, cheers for the reply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back