Senton Random shut-off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Lately, when I have been running my Senton, I would be in the middle of a run and it would just shut off, then I wait a few minutes and it starts up again, and that cycle keeps on repeating until the battery dies. Any ideas on what it could be?

It can be several things. Need more information. Are motor and esc hot??? Are you getting LVC from the esc? ESC temp cut off?? Could be a Lipo/battery that is on its way out with a bad cell. What are your motor and esc temps? Do you own a temp gun yet???
Without much info, this thread could go on for many pages...….Hopefully others can chime in with more info provided.
Have you checked around other threads on AF for similar issues?

My motor and ESC are 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

You need a new esc stay away from the blx100. Get a blx 120 or higher off jennyrc

My motor and ESC are 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Impossible running temps. Mine are 70F sitting on my shelf. What gives with that? Is it subzero outside? What are your running temps when it shuts off. If it even runs at all???
Call HH for a replacement ESC? Have you tried a different battery.

Yes, I have the same result with all of my batteries.

I just ran my Granite on 4s blx120/2400kv combo and my temps were like 130F at shut off. Seems a little hot? But I tell you it never shut off while running.

130F is not bad on the ESC. I don't consider that "Hot". Thermal Cut will be much higher than that. And Temps we get externally at the HS are much lower than the actual internal thermistor reads that register temps across the power transistors internally. For reference, try to get a temp read immediately after any Thermal Cut. That will be your baseline for the thermal cut threshold.

I just ran my Granite on 4s blx120/2400kv combo and my temps were like 130F at shut off. Seems a little hot? But I tell you it never shut off while running.
130F is fine. Anything under 150F is normal.

Glad to hear. The manual for the blx100 says the cut off is 105F? I’m sure temps will be going up, it’s still cool outside in MD!

Glad to hear. The manual for the blx100 says the cut off is 105F? I’m sure temps will be going up, it’s still cool outside in MD!
Gotta be a typo. Maybe 105C?

Gotta be a typo. Maybe 105C?
Can't be Degrees F! A typo. Or in Centigrade for sure. An ESC is not even warmed up at 105F :LOL: most esc will cut around 212F give or take. And that is its internal temp, not what you read at the Heatsink.

What C rating is your battery? Could be drawing more amps than the battery can supply and you're getting brown outs.

High ripple and sag=no fun:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back