Range issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Austin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Ok so after my previous thread regarding a transmitter upgrade for my Granite I went a bought a fly sky GT5 the range is really not great maybe 50 to 70 meters is there anything that will fix this? The reviews say I should expect more. I’ve had an Absima CR2SV2, the standard Spektrum TX and now the flysky and the range is similar on all of them, probably was better on the stock Spektrum tbh. Which is less than I expected. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?? Edit driving the car in open field away from houses

First thing you may want to check is the antenna on the Rx side. Make sure that is out as far as it will go safely. It's ok if it's sticking out the plastic housing some, the higher that is the better it will help with more range. They do also have Tx/Rx Boosters you could maybe look into!?

First thing you may want to check is the antenna on the Rx side. Make sure that is out as far as it will go safely. It's ok if it's sticking out the plastic housing some, the higher that is the better it will help with more range. They do also have Tx/Rx Boosters you could maybe look into!?
The antenna on the RX is sticking out all the way and it’s protruding a bit out of the plastic hoisting as the original one wasn’t long enough.
What batteries are you using in the transmitter?
Brand new Duracell batteries I’ve also tried using my Panasonic eneloop pro that I use for my photography flash guns
That's not good. Even with the tx antenna up and the rx antenna out of the box and raised?
Yep antenna up and rx antenna as far out as possible

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back