Typhon Range on Typhon Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcadix

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hey guys, what's the typical range you get from typhon stock radio/receiver [tactic TTX300]? Mine seems a little short, approx 80 yards (line of sight / no obstructions / open field). Just wanted to know whether it's dud or normal. Would upgrade if the latter. TIA!

It should be well over 100 meters. I have driven as far as 100 meters and it's no problem. I use freshly charged NiMh eneloop AA batteries on the transmitter.

It should be well over 100 meters. I have driven as far as 100 meters and it's no problem. I use freshly charged NiMH eneloop AA batteries on the transmitter.
yeah, that's the battery i've been using on all my radios as well. The tactic range is mediocre TBH. I'm sending it to hobby services support to get it inspected. That means 1-2 weeks downtime for my typhon o_O what a shame, the car is really great but easily runs out of space due to limited radio range.

I'll confirm mine again probably next week since we are having bad weather recently and couldn't get out. I have only run my v2 typhon 2 times so far..

FYI, this review says 860-feet of range.. http://www.bigsquidrc.com/tactic-ttx300-radio-review/
wow, thanks! how did that bigsquidrc page escaped my eyes when i did google search a few days ago...anyways, if it's really 860 feet, mine is def a dud! :(

I'm finding range to be low aswell, probably just shy of 100m. I will try a freshly charged set of batteries and see if there's any change, otherwise I'm contacting Arrma. Someone suggested rebinding the TX/RX in another thread, though I doubt that would change anything.

I never did an extreme test but i drove mine down my street well past 100 yards with no issues. Anything farther just gets out of your line of sight imo

I never did an extreme test but i drove mine down my street well past 100 yards with no issues. Anything farther just gets out of your line of sight imo
I get more than 800 feet,that's when it looks like a spec of sand( Kraton)

I get more than 800 feet,that's when it looks like a spec of sand( Kraton)
Thats crazy far lol. 10 years ago my buddy dropped about $600 on a badass nitro buggy started it up was giving it full throttle when his batteries died in his controller. For whatever reason it locked full throttle ran down the street and got wedged super tight underneath an old hoosier foxbody mustang that was stuck in the mud. Shattered the front end and we couldnt get it unstuck while still holding full throttle for a solid minute. Surely it fried the motor. I never saw him drive it again. Just saying id hate for something strange like that happen to any of us.

Thats crazy far lol. 10 years ago my buddy dropped about $600 on a badass nitro buggy started it up was giving it full throttle when his batteries died in his controller. For whatever reason it locked full throttle ran down the street and got wedged super tight underneath an old hoosier foxbody mustang that was stuck in the mud. Shattered the front end and we couldnt get it unstuck while still holding full throttle for a solid minute. Surely it fried the motor. I never saw him drive it again. Just saying id hate for something strange like that happen to any of us.
Always check your failsafe before you need it.That was the first thing i checked when i got my Kraton,wheels off the ground or upside down throttle up, shutoff tx and see if it goes to zero throttle.

i got about an additional 150 ft range by just flipping the receiver 180 deg. I'm now getting ~450ft. I hope i could get a smaller futaba receiver that i could fit into it. My futaba radio could reach >800 ft...too small in fact that i could no longer drive it well lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back