Limitless Range roundup - different transmitter MAX RANGE comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limitless202+

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
@LibertyMKiii started a motor comparison (comparing wattage) on one of his threads, so i wanted to get the speedrunning community on this - different transmitter‘s max range stock, I’ve made a list, and i want to see what people who have ran them actually think the top range is.
people who will be good minds at this one - @jondilly1974 @vwturbowolf @LibertyMKiii @phildogg @Badmofreaker
thanks.
alright so heres a list of transmitters, all i need is their max range, from people who have tried them.
P.S. Yea, i put like— all transmitters on here. so plz bear with me here.
P.S.S. (If it is less then 100 meters one way tested, or is just a piece of crap remote, please just put “garbage” it gets the point across lol.

spektrum SLT3

Spektrum DX3

spektrum DX5

radiolink RC4GS

radiolink RC6GS

traxxas TQ (4 da laughs) (the xo1 one)

Flysky noble NB4

flysky noble pro

Futaba 3PRKA

Futaba 3PV

futaba 4PM

Futaba 7PXR

futaba T10PX

yea, i meant all of them, and if anyone has an easy breezy to install range booster for any of these, the link would be greatly appreciated.

@Mazduh3 One way or 2 way 1500m
no range booster?????
what reciver is that? And in what car?
That’s stunning range.

heres how the chart goes so far

spektrum SLT3
oxford dictionary definition of junk (at least for speedrunning)
Spektrum DX3

spektrum DX5
900 - 1000 meters
radiolink RC4GS

radiolink RC6GS

traxxas TQ (4 da laughs) (the xo1 one)

Flysky noble NB4

flysky noble pro

Futaba 3PRKA

Futaba 3PV

futaba 4PM
1500 meters??
Futaba 7PXR

futaba T10PX

I'll double check. I have a couple different futaba receivers. But it was both way.. I'll check the reciver tomorrow and then walk the distance to make triple sure. But I do know that the kraton was nothing but a small blur 😅

Thanks for doing that man, 1500 meters is unheard of and i wouldnt be surprised if it was a WR For no range booster, in the middle isnt bad though. 750 one way. Still shocking.
(For everyone please specify wether the distance is one way, or 2.

Thanks for doing that man, 1500 meters is unheard of and i wouldnt be surprised if it was a WR For no range booster, in the middle isnt bad though. 750 one way. Still shocking.
(For everyone please specify wether the distance is one way, or 2.
No problem. I might be wrong. But I do know that it's absolutely able to do a half mile without any hesitant.

I can post my install of the range booster on my futaba remote. It was quite easy. Complete plug and play just a little dremel action on my case to put the booster where I wanted. I think most install will be the same but the remotes all come apart a little different

I used this booster
https://www.ebay.com/itm/252693450693

And one of these wires to plug right in to the remote
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0932CJF9...t_i_T1MVP5DFDNR4S7YQ1EKF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jst to 3s adapter
https://www.amainhobbies.com/reefs-...4J0tLr9V_DGuKLIFSye1RLsgfC_vg5D0aAsmjEALw_wcB

I also know where my futaba lost signal before I added the remote so next time I’m out at my spot I’ll track the distance and report back.
To keep it simple we should try to compile range distance one way. I tend to start my runs farther away from where I end it

36F49C7C-8561-4C38-A720-171504BDF570.jpeg

Basically after separating the controller, you unplug the factory antenna wire and plug in the one I posted a link for. That then screws into the booster. The last wire goes from the booster out of the bottom of the remote. Mine came with a small jst plug so I bought a jst to 3s adapter wire(I’ll add the link for this as well.
3B07C4B9-CC47-4244-93D4-6ABC31EF28EC.jpeg

Last edited:
I trust you, and look forward to your results, if they’re true, one is on the way.

And you put it on your 3pv>

Understandable, gotta love diggin through photos, can that go onto a 4pm?

My 2 cents on this.

Distance in FT one wayRadio
700RTR Radios (Traxxas & Arrma)
700Spektrum Radios
900-1200Futaba Radios (even those with FASST RX)
1600+Radiolink RC6GS V2 with twin antenna 7ch RX
1600+Noble NB4 with FGr4 RX and flysky 600mm antenna added to second port of RX

I'll note that I experience slow response from the RadioLink and Futaba radios beyond 1200 ft.
The Noble may be the same but I have not had much time behind the wheel.

The Noble NB4 is hands down my favorite radio after trying so many. Well worth the cost and no need to use a signal booster.

Last edited:
Thanks for combing @Mr.Duke
@LibertyMKiii so do you think 1500m both ways stock Is possible? With the 4pm

The older Futaba 3PM-X with the FASST system has a ridiculous range well outside of my visions ability to see the vehicles orientation. It’s been tested beyond 2000 feet without losing signal.

Lol it’s gotta be the discontinued one.
but which futaba is best for range OOTB?
and @vwturbowolf could you install one of Your range boosters for a fee (of your choice)

The 3PM-X are still out there and pop up on EBay from time to time but don’t last long with speed running getting more and more popular.
I picked mine up a couple years ago only used a few times for $100, box and manuals included

yea, I’m thinking about one of those, but would rather a 4pm if it has the same range level

I ran the 3PM-X radio with the FHSS and FASST RX and didn't like the range. It would cut out around 1200 ft.
I have had 2 of them both with the same results.

The FASST RX are quite pricey also. Long term you will be most happy with the Noble NB4 and popping in the longer antenna.
I need to shoot a range test video of it....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back