Limitless Range roundup - different transmitter MAX RANGE comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 4pm should do the same right?

@LibertyMKiii started a motor comparison (comparing wattage) on one of his threads, so i wanted to get the speedrunning community on this - different transmitter‘s max range stock, I’ve made a list, and i want to see what people who have ran them actually think the top range is.
people who will be good minds at this one - @jondilly1974 @vwturbowolf @LibertyMKiii @phildogg @Badmofreaker
thanks.
alright so heres a list of transmitters, all i need is their max range, from people who have tried them.
P.S. Yea, i put like— all transmitters on here. so plz bear with me here.
P.S.S. (If it is less then 100 meters one way tested, or is just a piece of crap remote, please just put “garbage” it gets the point across lol.

spektrum SLT3

Spektrum DX3

spektrum DX5

radiolink RC4GS

radiolink RC6GS

traxxas TQ (4 da laughs) (the xo1 one)

Flysky noble NB4

flysky noble pro

Futaba 3PRKA

Futaba 3PV

futaba 4PM

Futaba 7PXR

futaba T10PX

yea, i meant all of them, and if anyone has an easy breezy to install range booster for any of these, the link would be

@LibertyMKiii started a motor comparison (comparing wattage) on one of his threads, so i wanted to get the speedrunning community on this - different transmitter‘s max range stock, I’ve made a list, and i want to see what people who have ran them actually think the top range is.
people who will be good minds at this one - @jondilly1974 @vwturbowolf @LibertyMKiii @phildogg @Badmofreaker
thanks.
alright so heres a list of transmitters, all i need is their max range, from people who have tried them.
P.S. Yea, i put like— all transmitters on here. so plz bear with me here.
P.S.S. (If it is less then 100 meters one way tested, or is just a piece of crap remote, please just put “garbage” it gets the point across lol.

spektrum SLT3

Spektrum DX3

spektrum DX5

radiolink RC4GS

radiolink RC6GS

traxxas TQ (4 da laughs) (the xo1 one)

Flysky noble NB4

flysky noble pro

Futaba 3PRKA

Futaba 3PV

futaba 4PM

Futaba 7PXR

futaba T10PX

yea, i meant all of them, and if anyone has an easy breezy to install range booster for any of these, the link would be greatly appreciated.
Originally I bought a futaba 4pm but couldn't even make it close to my starting point so I returned it the next day a bought a spektrum DX5 Pro and haven't had any issues, then added the booster and have awesome range. My runs are around 2100 ft and the road is 3000 ft beginning to end and I stand in the middle,I can run from one end to the other and not lose signal. It's fairly easy to install the antenna wire and booster, hope this helps.

20220304_210009.jpg

I remembered I could use google earth to measure my runs space.
My stock futaba 3pv remote was ok for 1300ft from my standing point to where I would begin with the car. But with that said if I stopped to long down there it would lose signal. So safely I would say closer to 1200.

After adding the range extender I was able to stretch to about 1900 foot and one time i went over 2000feet and got down to the island that’s at the start of the road had to back up a couple times to turn around. The main thing I noticed is there’s about a 3 second delay at that distance before it does what you are asking it to
610A2689-0A2B-4076-9D9A-0B580E00F50E.jpg
5FA67AE2-A6D7-46F4-98DA-9942D3A7D883.jpg

Ok so 1150 feet should be safe, still way more then the advertised 100m.
I just bought one, so here’s a question, is it hard to use?

Not bad, better then the 3PV

Two guys I run with use the radiolink rg6c remote and get 1400-1500ft each way. I just measured with google earth knowing where they start and run from.
And if no one has mentioned yet the BEC voltage usually is set to 5.5 on the caste esc, but most servos and receivers can handle 7.5 or higher which also helps with range.
From reading a bunch of info online it seems like the most important part about the range is the strength or the signal. On stock remotes fresh batteries or a plug in battery pack will get better range than batteries that are near their lower voltage to run the remote.
I assumed using a longer antenna on the receiver would help signal but it could cause interference to pick up and wouldn’t strengthen the signal at all.

Originally I bought a futaba 4pm but couldn't even make it close to my starting point so I returned it the next day a bought a spektrum DX5 Pro and haven't had any issues, then added the booster and have awesome range. My runs are around 2100 ft and the road is 3000 ft beginning to end and I stand in the middle,I can run from one end to the other and not lose signal. It's fairly easy to install the antenna wire and booster, hope this helps.

View attachment 204328
Where did you get your booster from?
The one I posted a link on page 1 of this thread usually takes me about a month to get from China. It’s the same ones I see on Amazon once in a while.
Just curious of other brands or faster delivery options

Last edited:
Two guys I run with use the radiolink rg6c remote and get 1400-1500ft each way. I just measured with google earth knowing where they start and run from.
And if no one has mentioned yet the BEC voltage usually is set to 5.5 on the caste esc, but most servos and receivers can handle 7.5 or higher which also helps with range.
From reading a bunch of info online it seems like the most important part about the range is the strength or the signal. On stock remotes fresh batteries or a plug in battery pack will get better range than batteries that are near their lower voltage to run the remote.
I assumed using a longer antenna on the receiver would help signal but it could cause interference to pick up and wouldn’t strengthen the signal at all.

Where did you get your booster from?
The one I posted a link on page 1 of this thread usually takes me about a month to get from China. It’s the same ones I see on Amazon once in a while.
Just curious of other brands or faster delivery options
If it helps I got the below booster from Amazon. Showed up in a couple days. Haven’t installed it on anything yet because there’s really no need with the range I’m getting.
734A9AD8-2338-43D9-AD11-3317907CC3C4.png

If it helps I got the below booster from Amazon. Showed up in a couple days. Haven’t installed it on anything yet because there’s really no need with the range I’m getting.View attachment 204706
That’s good. That’s the one I was curious about. Just to compile everything into one thead. Can that hook to a 3s battery while out running?

That’d be good for me, do you like the feel of the dx5 with the range booster?

Forgot to mention your concern about lengthening the antenna. The outcome is quite the opposite. If you stick your antenna higher out of the car you are getting further away from interference. These little cars have a lot going on in a small package, as you know. Getting the antenna up gets it away from the motor, ESC, batteries, wires, etc., which is a great thing for what we’re doing. One thing I understand well is how RF works. One of my three hobbies is ham radio, so take that for what it’s worth. ;)

Forgot to mention your concern about lengthening the antenna. The outcome is quite the opposite. If you stick your antenna higher out of the car you are getting further away from interference. These little cars have a lot going on in a small package, as you know. Getting the antenna up gets it away from the motor, ESC, batteries, wires, etc., which is a great thing for what we’re doing. One thing I understand well is how RF works. One of my three hobbies is ham radio, so take that for what it’s worth. ;)
Awesome thanks for the input. Makes sense. Not everything you read online is accurate obviously the article i read said a long antenna can pickup outside interference and I had been looking for a longer antenna to put on my receiver until I read that. So I’ll give that a shot as well

Last edited:
Yeah, and adding on to that point, if your rx wire get slammed between the pinion and the spur at 150mph, it’s destroyed before you can even react, another good reason to keep it away from the spinning stuff.
by the way @LicketySplit ham radio squad!

View attachment 204328
Did you just cut the outlet plug off and splice the power supply wire into what looks like a xt-60 or ec3 type connector? I just ordered this for my buddies remote to try out, he’s into the 150’s now is topping out his remotes range so I figured we’d try this one out.

Did you just cut the outlet plug off and splice the power supply wire into what looks like a xt-60 or ec3 type connector? I just ordered this for my buddies remote to try out, he’s into the 150’s now is topping out his remotes range so I figured we’d try this one out.
Yup. That’s all you have to do.

That’s what it looked like to me, i know how much range you need for a 150 pass on a 1/8th scale car, is it much diffrent for a limitless?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back