Infraction Raz Shifrin Pulls 198mph on Dual 1721 Setup with G-Ace Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Raz took the rebuild of his dual 1721 out for a first run using (unheated) G-Ace 6800mAh 4S packs and managed a 198mph pass pulling 526A. This bodes well in his bid for world's fastest RC car. With some heated SRDs and the right gearing I don't think that 207-210mph is unrealistic. Possibly more? The 2022 season is heating up :)

I'm a little curious about how he charges those packs that he has soldered together in series. Can you just plug them into a charger and then just plug the two balance leads into a balance board that's connected to the balance port of the charger?

I'm a little curious about how he charges those packs that he has soldered together in series. Can you just plug them into a charger and then just plug the two balance leads into a balance board that's connected to the balance port of the charger?
You don’t have to have a balance lead to charge. It’s just the best way. Good cells should balance out.

That said, you can still charge each pack individually. You just plug in one set of charge leads, then move them over to the next pack. He doesn’t have opposing gendered plugs on each side.

You don’t have to have a balance lead to charge. It’s just the best way. Good cells should balance out.

That said, you can still charge each pack individually. You just plug in one set of charge leads, then move them over to the next pack. He doesn’t have opposing gendered plugs on each side.
Sure, I just don't have enough trust to charge without a balance lead. These little blocks have way too much power stored in them to leave it in the hands of "should be ok" for my liking. I guess you could do it with single wire charging leads with 8mm bullet males, though you'll need a sex changer for one of the batteries because the + and - leads are joined with an 8mm bullet male/female pair. I was just curious if you could just plug into the one QS8 and balance them both with the use of a balance board.

Sure, I just don't have enough trust to charge without a balance lead. These little blocks have way too much power stored in them to leave it in the hands of "should be ok" for my liking. I guess you could do it with single wire charging leads with 8mm bullet males, though you'll need a sex changer for one of the batteries because the + and - leads are joined with an 8mm bullet male/female pair. I was just curious if you could just plug into the one QS8 and balance them both with the use of a balance board.
Oh I assumed he soldered one + and one - into a single 8mm bullet. That way there’s nothing to plug.

Yeah you can always make adapters. That’s easy.
I know, that wasn't my question. My question was, can you just plug into the one QS8 and plug the two balance leads into a balance board so that it balances both packs.

296C6CD5-913C-44DF-877A-23E3CF0F08F1.jpeg

I know, that wasn't my question. My question was, can you just plug into the one QS8 and plug the two balance leads into a balance board so that it balances both packs.
Yes would need to have a special harness for the balance leads and an 8S capable charger. A balance board assumes they are charging in parallel not series

Looking at the data, those lipos are weak.. a good set of lipos and anything is possible..

Wow.. 198mph on those basher packs, with not even two seconds of full throttle? On most of James Mccoy's videos, it looks like he gets at least four seconds of full throttle.. So If Raz gets a good long run with this car on SRD's, with three or four seconds of full throttle 210mph might really be possible here, incredible

Wow.. 198mph on those basher packs, with not even two seconds of full throttle? On most of James Mccoy's videos, it looks like he gets at least four seconds of full throttle.. So If Raz gets a good long run with this car on SRD's, with three or four seconds of full throttle 210mph might really be possible here, incredible
I wish James shared data logs. Could be really insightful.

Did some of my backtracking gear calcs and I think Raz was geared to around 260mph with his setup factoring his voltage drop and speed achieved and some motor efficiency.
Seems about right. For getting a 200+ number

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back