Kraton Razor RC Kraton 4x4 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razorrc

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Gorgon
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Senton 3s
Figured I'd start my own thread on my truck and include tips, videos, etc.

Today I installed a Kimbrough Large servo saver, seems like it's stiffer than the stock one (which I think is too weak). You can also get the HD version in black, I'll try that one if the white one isn't strong enough.

It's the exact same size as the stock servo saver, just need to trim the rectangle into a triangle so that it clears nicely.

Drill the hole out to 2.5mm to thread the screw through, and use a nut on the other side to secure it.

You will need to space the servo up 2mm because the saver sits lower than stock. I used TLR spacers from part TLR231083.

Interesting! Thanks for the tips. Looks like you put some thought and time into it. I don't have a 4s model but still not opposed to giving one a go when spares get stocked. ??
Thanks for creating this thread. Looking forward to what others do too. ??

FYI, the latest arms from Horizon seem a little more flexy. Took some nasty crashes directly to the front wheel today that would’ve broken the old ones and the arm was intact, so I think they improved these. I’d say they’re about 20% more flexible than the originals.

The design is the same, so no more material, just a little softer.

FYI, the latest arms from Horizon seem a little more flexy. Took some nasty crashes directly to the front wheel today that would’ve broken the old ones and the arm was intact, so I think they improved these. I’d say they’re about 20% more flexible than the originals.

The design is the same, so no more material, just a little softer.
Maybe it’s warmer out now than before?

How good are these? Could be a cheap alternative to the HOT RACING servo saver
The spacers kinda ruin "the budget servo saver build" i could try to find something who iS 2mm thick in my home

Attachments

• IMG_0467.PNG
    IMG_0467.PNG
    610.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Get the extra heavy duty black one. The white one is still a little too soft IMO.

Diffs are shimmed too tight. I highly recommend moving the shim from the ring gear side to the other side. Drivetrain will be tons more free. It's still a hair tight, but that's as loose as you can run it.

Bearings also suck. 3 of mine were very rough and one was seized. The wheel bearings take a beating, and the ones on the slipper get really bad super fast. Definitely need to get rubber-sealed, probably a good idea to do that right out of the box if you run on dirt.

I recorded the bearing swap if anyone is interested in seeing it. Kind of a pain to edit it, but...

Diffs are shimmed too tight. I highly recommend moving the shim from the ring gear side to the other side. Drivetrain will be tons more free. It's still a hair tight, but that's as loose as you can run it.

Bearings also suck. 3 of mine were very rough and one was seized. The wheel bearings take a beating, and the ones on the slipper get really bad super fast. Definitely need to get rubber-sealed, probably a good idea to do that right out of the box if you run on dirt.

I recorded the bearing swap if anyone is interested in seeing it. Kind of a pain to edit it, but...
don't talk about seized bearings one of mine seized in the wrong place possibl. The diff bearings made my diff holder yoke to melt and destroyed my diff gear mesh
I want to see
My car should be working again max by monday with new motor mount rear diff and 15t pinion and sealed bearings for the wheels and differantials

Kimbrough 124 servo saver it's the only one I will use now in 1/10 when upgrading a servo saver. As long as you have at least a 15kg metal gear servo you should be fine. I can't believe it's rated for 1/4 scale seems still to be a little soft for that application IMO but it's perfect for 1/10 scale with a strong servo IMHO (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20190730_003801.jpg
    IMG_20190730_003801.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 89
Kimbrough 124 servo saver it's the only one I will use now in 1/10 when upgrading a servo saver. As long as you have at least a 15kg metal gear servo you should be fine. I can't believe it's rated for 1/4 scale seems still to be a little soft for that application IMO but it's perfect for 1/10 scale with a strong servo IMHO (y)
Thanks dude i will get that sucker because my stock servo saver can barely pull 5kg
What you need to make those fix i saw that you need a nut
Not fan of this but how does it work? Those adapters

Attachments

• IMG_0485.PNG
    IMG_0485.PNG
    778 KB · Views: 59

Agreed, that's what I'm running in my Kraton.

Thanks dude i will get that sucker because my stock servo saver can barely pull 5kg
What you need to make those fix i saw that you need a nut
Not fan of this but how does it work? Those adapters

3mm locknut put the appropriate spline adapter on for the spline count of your servo (23. 24, 25 are included stock is 25t) put the saver on using the stock screws. I think I went a little overboard cutting and trimming the plastic off mine so it doesn't hit rotating but seems to be fine.

3mm locknut put the appropriate spline adapter on for the spline count of your servo (23. 24, 25 are included stock is 25t) put the saver on using the stock screws. I think I went a little overboard cutting and trimming the plastic off mine so it doesn't hit rotating but seems to be fine.
You did not have issue about the adapter sliping?

You did not have issue about the adapter sliping?

Nope not so far anyways been using it on 2wd Stampede for years no issues not on my Granite as long but its been better than the stock red servo saver. Just make sure you don't try to squeeze the wrong spline adapter on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back