Kraton Razor RC Kraton 4x4 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Kraton is up for sale, $199+shipping to US Lower 48. DM me if you'd like to buy it, it's half off! :)

Kraton is sold and on its way to its new home. Not sure how much more I will contribute to this sub-forum, I am currently Arrma-less, which probably means I need to get a Kraton 8S or something!

Final thoughts on why I think the Kraton has some fundamental problems hopefully they can address. Main problem is that it's basically the same as the 3S, which is basically the same as the Mega.

1. Stock motor plate worked fine on the 3S, but the cast aluminum plate housed in a plastic mount that is simply pressed into the chassis is too weak for the bigger, heavier, 4S motor. Worked fine with the lighter 3S motor, but there's too much flex and leverage in the 4S truck.

2. Plastic center driveshaft is a carryover from the 3S and might even be the same as the Mega? Needs a metal driveshaft, they probably found it too hard or expensive to make one fit in the chassis.

3. Plastic arms have the same mount as the Mega. Same size hingepins and same width mounting point, but really needs a wider mount for the longer arms that have more leverage. But because they stick with the same Mega chassis, there's no way to mount thicker or wider arms on there in the same space.

4. Top brace is kind of stupid. It has a rubber shock absorber on the front, but one crash and it gets jammed to be ineffectual unless you take it off and try to extend it again. A better design might work but the plastic parts aren't really that strong.

Driveshaft is fine in my opinion a lot easier to remove than other brands. If it ever breaks its liek what 10$ vs 20-25$ for a metal one when it bends
But the motor plate is a joke hope the new motor mount they came out with is better its back in stock
And how does the rubber brace gets stuck?

The last few post here make me worry about my 4s purchase, lol
It's not like you can return it, lol. Avoid coming down straight on the nose and you'll be fine.

That's rough. Must have been one hell of a sh!tty landing. Go with a 3s. They are more forgiving.
No dude was a 5-6 foot landing on the nose with a tbone bumper
Was trigerred and decided to keep going ruined my rear diff at the end but i just completly abused the crap out of it and i broke nothing i did my first front flips also
In my mind hot racing alluminum is crap
The arrma adjusable is finally in stock now finally ordered one from my local hobby shop im going to have a 19$ discount so the mount will only cost me like 4$ plus new screws
@jondilly1974 you once said you bended the hot racing and arrma motor mounts were you talking about the blx adjustable one or the stock ones?
Final thoughts on why I think the Kraton has some fundamental problems hopefully they can address. Main problem is that it's basically the same as the 3S, which is basically the same as the Mega.

1. Stock motor plate worked fine on the 3S, but the cast aluminum plate housed in a plastic mount that is simply pressed into the chassis is too weak for the bigger, heavier, 4S motor. Worked fine with the lighter 3S motor, but there's too much flex and leverage in the 4S truck.

2. Plastic center driveshaft is a carryover from the 3S and might even be the same as the Mega? Needs a metal driveshaft, they probably found it too hard or expensive to make one fit in the chassis.

3. Plastic arms have the same mount as the Mega. Same size hingepins and same width mounting point, but really needs a wider mount for the longer arms that have more leverage. But because they stick with the same Mega chassis, there's no way to mount thicker or wider arms on there in the same space.

4. Top brace is kind of stupid. It has a rubber shock absorber on the front, but one crash and it gets jammed to be ineffectual unless you take it off and try to extend it again. A better design might work but the plastic parts aren't really that strong.
Also acording to the arrma specs for the 3s motor and 4s motor
-the 3s motor weights: 289grams
- the arrma 4s motor weights: 228grams

Last edited:
should I get a new motor mount on the way to me and swap out if or when mine starts giving me issues? if so, which one?

should I get a new motor mount on the way to me and swap out if or when mine starts giving me issues? if so, which one?
I like having an adjustable motor mount but it's your call. I don't think it's as big of an issue and it's being made out to be. @Surchaufeur has broken his 4S more than I've ever seen a person break an RC ever. Either he got a lemon or is the worst driver in the world.

well i am the worst driver in the world, lol.
I will see some breaks.
When I get my rig im going to start a thread of my own where I can post breakages and and questions and advice. :)
If all the deliveries are on time, i should be able to drive by wednesday.

But one question I have that might set this back a day or two is about a jumper I saw mentioned somehwere.
If I plan on running the Kraton on 1 3s or 1 4s pack, do these come with a jumper that needs to plug in to the empty ecs battery plug?

well i am the worst driver in the world, lol.
I will see some breaks.
When I get my rig im going to start a thread of my own where I can post breakages and and questions and advice. :)
If all the deliveries are on time, i should be able to drive by wednesday.

But one question I have that might set this back a day or two is about a jumper I saw mentioned somehwere.
If I plan on running the Kraton on 1 3s or 1 4s pack, do these come with a jumper that needs to plug in to the empty ecs battery plug?
Woah woah woah buddy! Pump the brakes! Not so fast on the worst driver in the world talk. Something that bold must be defended with facts. ??‍♂️??????

I own a 4S Kraton and have “landed” a 20ft vertical jump at the skate park that split the chassis in half, but still didn’t bend my adjustable motor mount.

I just crashed my Typhon with the 4S motor at about 70mph and didn’t bend the adjustable motor mount either.

I own the Arrma and HR ones and both are pretty tough. They aren’t easy to bend IMO.

If you want something to worry about, it should be A-arms, which I have been able to break like egg shells. Good news is the RPM arms are a permanent fix IMO.

Pet peeve, but I hate it when people call an RC truck a "rig".

This is a rig:
oilrig.jpg

This is also a rig:
bigrig.jpg

That said, I call RTR's "kits" and people hate that, so... carry on with your rigs. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back