Kraton Razor RC Kraton 4x4 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you broke it ... ??‍♂️

Stop being a weenie. Look at what you did to yours on a 20 foot jump and all I did was break the metal pin on the center brace. I was launching it a good 70 feet, jump after jump. After my camera died I did a nice front flip off the berm and then decided to go even bigger. The next one I hit with even more speed and lost it after the front flip. I landed on the roof....from that berm. Ask @Dutch213. He witnessed it. To claim the Kraton 4s can only handle subtle bashing is crap. Maybe you can only handle subtle bashing ?

1570550539425.png

Out of the box you stripped the differencial and put aluminum yoke, no?

When i talk about weak points on the 4s line, i don't talk about the ability to land on the 4 wheels and break almost nothing. But mainly the drive train issues that many users encounter.

Stop being a weenie. Look at what you did to yours on a 20 foot jump and all I did was break the metal pin on the center brace. I was launching it a good 70 feet, jump after jump. After my camera died I did a nice front flip off the berm and then decided to go even bigger. The next one I hit with even more speed and lost it after the front flip. I landed on the roof....from that berm. Ask @Dutch213. He witnessed it. To claim the Kraton 4s can only handle subtle bashing is crap. Maybe you can only handle subtle bashing ?

View attachment 53264
When I say 20ft, I mean vertical. Not distance out. It’s hard to tell from a video how tall that berm is. But I would think a straight vertical jump is harder on it. Not certain tho.

When I say 20ft, I mean vertical. Not distance out. It’s hard to tell from a video how tall that berm is. But I would think a straight vertical jump is harder on it. Not certain tho.

The truck gets over 20 feet high. This is @Dutch213 with his Talion.

And you heard the chassis slap on my jumps. Sounds like gunfire ? Just admit that when driven properly you can send the 3s/4s trucks without snapping the chassis in half.

When i talk about weak points on the 4s line, i don't talk about the ability to land on the 4 wheels and break almost nothing. But mainly the drive train issues that many users encounter.
I stripped the input gear and I think it was from the yokes flexing. Hard to say. But not for nothing, how many diff issues are posted about in regards to the 6s line?! The number of diff issues with the 3s/4s trucks pales in comparison to the number of 6s diff issues. If the 3s/4s driveline is problematic, what exactly would you call the 6s driveline? ?‍♂️ Epidemic??

And you heard the chassis slap on my jumps. Sounds like gunfire

Exactly what i thought when i hear the noise, gunfire, really impressive. The BRCC slap his chassis a lot also, but i don't care about that, it isn't something which mind me. I'm more annoyed by the shocks which leak.

how many diff issues are posted about in regards to the 6s line?!

Yes, there are diff. issues on the 6s line also. But not that much from what i see and also not as fast than what we can see on the 4s line. You stripped the diff. at first run if i remember well, and based on your videos, you have more often battery tray issues than drive train issues on the 6s line :LOL: ;)

I don't say that the 4s line is totally weak, i saw really more weak than that, but it has issues that we don't see on the 3s. If i had to compare my 3s BLX to my 6s, i way prefer the 6s in term of durability, i know some will say the opposite. I bought the BRCC because of the videos i saw and a little bit of curiosity, but i'm not really conviced compared to the 6s line, out of the cost difference obviously.

Yes, there are diff. issues on the 6s line also. But not that much from what i see and also not as fast than what we can see on the 4s line. You stripped the diff. at first run if i remember well
Not much? There are probably more topics regarding broken 6s diffs than any other on the forum ?

The truck gets over 20 feet high. This is @Dutch213 with his Talion.

And you heard the chassis slap on my jumps. Sounds like gunfire ? Just admit that when driven properly you can send the 3s/4s trucks without snapping the chassis in half.
I will agree that when landed properly, they are far less likely to split a chassis. I will 100% agree with you there. However.... I still broke towers when landing on all four.

D518B3F0-53A8-41F4-8FD1-E3F91B535D93.jpeg

I will agree that when landed properly, they are far less likely to split a chassis. I will 100% agree with you there. However.... I still broke towers when landing on all four.

View attachment 53274
Well you keep on bashing gingerly with your 4s truck and I'll keep on sending mine ???

Well you keep on bashing gingerly with your 4s truck and I'll keep on sending mine ???
Heck no. I’m gonna keep sending mine. Someone has to fund Ted and Jennys retirement ?????

View attachment 53274

Your chassis can still slap when landing with those tires, right? A common problem I see is people putting on too big of tires and the chassis can’t bottom out, so all of the load gets sent into the shocks/tower.

Your chassis can still slap when landing with those tires, right? A common problem I see is people putting on too big of tires and the chassis can’t bottom out, so all of the load gets sent into the shocks/tower.
Yes I’ve never had an issue slapping my chassis

No that’s not a euphemism for something else ?????

Not much? There are probably more topics regarding broken 6s diffs than any other on the forum

Yes, relatively about that the 6s exist since 2009 when the 4s BLX since 1 year.

I agree. Some are afraid by the noise and think that it isn't good, but i prefer a chassis which slap than add stress on a-arms or shock towers.

Thats why the slipper clutch is for
Yes, relatively about that the 6s exist since 2009 when the 4s BLX since 1 year.

I agree. Some are afraid by the noise and think that it isn't good, but i prefer a chassis which slap than add stress on a-arms or shock towers.
I should stop bashing and landing on concrete but i have nowhere to go maybe. I went full speed almost into a metal fance and my motor mount survived?‍♀️ I kept on bashing 2 days ago there was like raining little snow balls and my car was making a lot snow dust everywhere and it was epic did not get a single drop of water into my bearings impressive. But today it was not raining balls of snow it was normal snow and was melting and i did not produce any dust of snow but covered everything in mud the thing i hate the most took me 30mins to clean and dry everything

Thats why the slipper clutch is for

Sure. It also depend how you use the car. I would say concret/asphalt (it is often flat surfaces) is rough when there is a bad landing, but not that much for drive train until you keep full throttle while landing. When you use it on dusty surface, the surface itself act like a slipper as there isn't that much grip. The most stressing would be on dry grass and when the surface isn't flat, you go fast, the car take small sort of bumps, at full throttle, the wheels leave the ground for a short instant and retrieve grip, and this can be very often, this give lot of stress to the drivetrain. Sure the slipper clutch will low down the torque from the motor, but the stress that take a pair of wheels will be directly tranmist to the other side of the drive train, the first which take the hit will be the input gear and diff. crown gear. This is less rough when you have a center diff..

Soft surface can be also rough, as the car can be nailed in the ground and almost totally stopped, when on a more hard surface with dust, the car will tend to slip on. Also depend at what angle the car fall.

That's why, when we watch reviews on youtube, we must have to take care of that. The wear out won't be the same if you mainly use it on dusty surface, well cut and short grass in a clean park or in grass on a lumpy surface, mud, with big or less big rocks....Without talking about those who say they have a blast and did hard bashing while doing 50cm jumps.

An exemple, mainy reviewers don't even talk about the wear out (i don't especially talk about the razor review here, but about the so many reviews we can find on youtube now). Ok, during the time they used the cars nothing really broke, nice. But, if you watch more closely, you will see some wear out appear. I had the experience with the DHK Zombie, the drive cups are small for its size and made with an odd shiny metal. After 4 packs, my drive cup started to show a quick bad wear out. Almost nobody on youtube talked about that, but i did photos to show this. Same for the HNR MT (an HSP 1/10 truck), the drive cup are made with very soft metal.

I think i have been marked for life about drive train since i had my Tamiya Egress also :LOL: , one day of racing was enough to completely kill the drive cups, the material used during these years by Tamiya was really crap. Since, the drive train wear out is something i watch pretty closely, maybe too much :LOL:

Sure. It also depend how you use the car. I would say concret/asphalt (it is often flat surfaces) is rough when there is a bad landing, but not that much for drive train until you keep full throttle while landing. When you use it on dusty surface, the surface itself act like a slipper as there isn't that much grip. The most stressing would be on dry grass and when the surface isn't flat, you go fast, the car take small sort of bumps, at full throttle, the wheels leave the ground for a short instant and retrieve grip, and this can be very often, this give lot of stress to the drivetrain. Sure the slipper clutch will low down the torque from the motor, but the stress that take a pair of wheels will be directly tranmist to the other side of the drive train, the first which take the hit will be the input gear and diff. crown gear. This is less rough when you have a center diff..

This is some smart stuff. I wish I could do wear ratings in my reviews, but the reality is I do about 8-10 reviews a year and so only run them about a month before the review comes out. I should probably do long-term update videos...

I highly value long term ownership reviews and always search for them when considering a purchase.

Videos with those terms in the title are easily found and greatly appreciated by everyone, even by folks who already own the vehicles. Videos on long term ownership are a great source for tips and tricks.

Love your channel, razorrc.

This is some smart stuff. I wish I could do wear ratings in my reviews, but the reality is I do about 8-10 reviews a year and so only run them about a month before the review comes out. I should probably do long-term update videos...

Thks but it isn't so well developed :LOL:. I would say 8 - 10 is a good number. I know what it is when it become a "factory of reviews", when you do (once again, i don't talk about you especially, but the so many we can find on youtube) reviews on reviews in a short amount of time, it isn't good, i have really slow down.

The Rattler is my best example :LOL: (also because it can be verified). Vas gave a 5/5 about durability, 4/5 about the drivetrain. The Rattler was sold as be able to be use on 3s. Vas used it on a smooth dusty BMX track, ran it most of the time in straight line for doing jumps. Me, i used it on an almost flat dusty surface but not as smooth than Vas, i would say a little bit lumpy, what i concider nothing really rough for a 1/8 (a fake 1/8 but big) off-road buggy, and never did a real single jumps. After less than 3 lipo packs : Plastic hex hub stripped, gears inside the differential stripped, rear dog bone bent, center spur gear axle broken, input gear which wear out like snow under the sun, as for the front center drive cup... durability 5/5 and drivetrain 4/5 for Vas...And when you do jumps, you systemetically bend the a-arms hinge pins. To bad that the URC forum doesn't exist anymore because others users encounter the same issues very quickly, they finally sold the car or let it on a shelf.

I talk about Vas in this example, i'm pretty sure it isn't same for all the cars he did reviews, but i saw this with numerous other reviewers with other cars. Most of them are entertaining to watch, but the review quality is far to be accurate, mainly done for selling because they received products for free.

It isn't the same story when you have only one car and when you have many to play with. The guy who have only one car will more use it than the guys who do reviews, and he will encounter things that reviewers have never talked about.

That's also why i like to use forum to put a part of my review. Other users can come and show what happened to them, this have more impact than a comment under a youtube video imo.
I highly value long term ownership reviews and always search for them when considering a purchase.

I agree. But even when doing this, we can have surprise. I bought the Hyper MT sport plus after watched reviews from a guy after a long time of use, for him one of the strongest MT on the market, i was disappointed by the Hyper MT, the drivetrain encounter many issues, even after Hobao did upgrades, mainly because it is a heavy truck with really big wheels, not built for hard bashing, and i would say, not too hard bashing compared to an Arrma Kraton. Vas said that Hobao said to him that the aluminum chassis could be 7075...where do you find 7075 chassis with 90° bend? 7075 aluminum can't be bend at 90° (i don't talk about Vas about the long time of use, it is an other youtuber). The a-arms are perfect, but the chassis can also be bent as for the drivetrain which can be broken. And it is hard for maintenance. Ho yes we can find impressive videos with this truck doing very big air jumps with pizza cutter wheels, when you see them you want one, but when you own it, it isn't the same story.

Last edited:
image.jpg

I told myself i will only go outside when the snow is rock hard but. Looks so much fun lunching snow dust everywhere?. The last two days my bearings somehow survived i kinda rly like the design of the hubs who tries to keep almost all of the water out of the bearings driveline

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back