Kraton Razor RC Kraton 4x4 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that gold color i have the blue one
The radio has abs already on

Where does it say it has ABS? It has a gyro, but I don’t think it has ABS...?

Where does it say it has ABS? It has a gyro, but I don’t think it has ABS...?
There is a little paper who tells you it has abs anyway you will see when you use the brakes on your vehicule
Mine stops with a really high frequency
You can go look at driftomanic review of this remote and he said the best thing was the abs brakes he got out of that cheap radio
Go at 0.53

I thought ABS was only good for nitros? Someone here said ABS would damage a motor ??‍♂️

There is a little paper who tells you it has abs anyway you will see when you use the brakes on your vehicule
Mine stops with a really high frequency
You can go look at driftomanic review of this remote and he said the best thing was the abs brakes he got out of that cheap radio
Go at 0.53

You're right, it does have ABS. I was driving it this afternoon and noticed the brakes were really weak on my Tenacity and thought I had brakes set to 50% in the ESC. It was actually at 100%, but the ABS makes it feel like it's 50%. You have to mash the brakes to get it to slow down.

I will say the ABS is super smooth. Unfortunately that means you can't do endos and you can't race with this radio (ABS is illegal). I don't see any way to turn it off, I was just messing with it in the street and it seems like it's on all the time, even with the gyro turned all the way down. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the correction!
I thought ABS was only good for nitros? Someone here said ABS would damage a motor ??‍♂️

Never heard of that before, though I don't use ABS. A lot of people say a lot of wrong things on this forum.

Ah myeah for racing not good. Did not thought about that. How do you turn the abs off in the radiolink? Can you set it off manually?
This radio is not maybe made for racing but for bashing its perfect

The pink is starting to grow on me. Banggood mentioned that it's gold, but it's really a rose gold/pink gold. Anyway, some initial thoughts on the radio:

1. Manual sucks. I couldn't find a copy online but the paper one that came with the radio is pretty terrible, and I'm usually pretty good at trying to figure out what the Chinese authors are trying to say.

2. Do NOT go into the programming mode on the radio (full right, turn on, channel 3 button). You will regret it. Trust me! I'll explain it in the review video.

3. Gyro works pretty well, especially for a cheap radio. I found 50% setting to be about right, or around 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock on the channel 6 dial.

4. I talked to my contacts at Radiolink and they gave me the backstory on their relationship with Dumbo RC.

5. Response time says 3ms. People confuse the latency number with the frame rate that Spektrum uses. People say "oh, the Spektrum is 11ms", and Dumbo RC is 3ms, so obviously the Dumbo RC is faster. Not true, I will test on the track this week, but based on preliminary results on the street I'm pretty sure it is NOT at 3ms frame rate and probably slower than my Spektrum. And yes, I will be running it back to back vs. the Spektrum -- I have my short course outfit with both receivers so I can directly compare them back to back.

6. The ABS is extremely smooth, but forces you to mash the brakes. Feels like it's at 50% brakes. Not a fan because you can't disable it.

7. Overall, the build quality is suprisingly high, the ergonomics are very good, the plastic radio isn't great, but above average for a plastic radio. Controls feel linear, but I need to do some more serious driving with it on the track.

Hopefully I can get a review video up by next weekend.

The pink is starting to grow on me. Banggood mentioned that it's gold, but it's really a rose gold/pink gold. Anyway, some initial thoughts on the radio:

1. Manual sucks. I couldn't find a copy online but the paper one that came with the radio is pretty terrible, and I'm usually pretty good at trying to figure out what the Chinese authors are trying to say.

2. Do NOT go into the programming mode on the radio (full right, turn on, channel 3 button). You will regret it. Trust me! I'll explain it in the review video.

3. Gyro works pretty well, especially for a cheap radio. I found 50% setting to be about right, or around 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock on the channel 6 dial.

4. I talked to my contacts at Radiolink and they gave me the backstory on their relationship with Dumbo RC.

5. Response time says 3ms. People confuse the latency number with the frame rate that Spektrum uses. People say "oh, the Spektrum is 11ms", and Dumbo RC is 3ms, so obviously the Dumbo RC is faster. Not true, I will test on the track this week, but based on preliminary results on the street I'm pretty sure it is NOT at 3ms frame rate and probably slower than my Spektrum. And yes, I will be running it back to back vs. the Spektrum -- I have my short course outfit with both receivers so I can directly compare them back to back.

6. The ABS is extremely smooth, but forces you to mash the brakes. Feels like it's at 50% brakes. Not a fan because you can't disable it.

7. Overall, the build quality is suprisingly high, the ergonomics are very good, the plastic radio isn't great, but above average for a plastic radio. Controls feel linear, but I need to do some more serious driving with it on the track.

Hopefully I can get a review video up by next weekend.
I was able to reporgram steering and throttle without any issues and i have brakes at 50% and it works really nice never tried at 100%. I went to 56.5% and was too much for me
And the manual was good for explaining the modes for me for some reason it has a lot of feature like sync two channel to control two motors at the same time ir a tank for example
Quick search on google about the manual

Attachments

• IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I was able to reporgram steering and throttle without any issues and i have brakes at 50% and it works really nice never tried at 100%. I went to 56.5% and was too much for me
And the manual was good for explaining the modes for me for some reason it has a lot of feature like sync two channel to control two motors at the same time ir a tank for example
Quick search on google about the manual

Thanks, I'm actually running this in my Tenacity. Steering and throttle "programming" seems like either a poor way to set end points, or really to recalibrate the full throw of the channels. It basically cuts off the portion of the steering/throttle travel that you don't set rather than proportionally set the end points to still use the full mechanical throw. Not sure if that makes sense, but it's not really end point adjustment like other radios. So I think it's just for calibration. The manual calls it "route".

Just did a bunch of runs back to back with a Spektrum DX5C. My professional opinion is that this radio does not have ABS. I think that’s a misprint in the brochure and they actually mean the gyro.

I can assure you mine has abs i never menage to lock my tires
Just did a bunch of runs back to back with a Spektrum DX5C. My professional opinion is that this radio does not have ABS. I think that’s a misprint in the brochure and they actually mean the gyro.
My car brakes and release every half second
Im using my arrma for this maybe for other cars brand/esc don't have the same effect

I can do full drift locks, it’s hard to tell with 4wd, but try slicks on a dusty smooth pavement and you can get locked wheels.

I’ll try to get some video for my review.

I mean me at 56% i can see the abs in action but if at 100% maybe not much

How are you setting 56%, in the ESC? Are you sure what you’re seeing isn’t the tires occasionally slipping? You should actually see more ABS at 100% than at 56%, because it’s easier to lock up the tires with 100% brakes. But again, I don’t think it is actually doing ABS.

The other thing is that if it was actually doing “ABS”, you should see it pulsing when going in reverse too. The radio doesn’t know if you’re going forward or reverse or braking, so it would do the same thing just driving straight in reverse.

How are you setting 56%, in the ESC? Are you sure what you’re seeing isn’t the tires occasionally slipping? You should actually see more ABS at 100% than at 56%, because it’s easier to lock up the tires with 100% brakes. But again, I don’t think it is actually doing ABS.

The other thing is that if it was actually doing “ABS”, you should see it pulsing when going in reverse too. The radio doesn’t know if you’re going forward or reverse or braking, so it would do the same thing just driving straight in reverse.
56% from the esc setting of my kraton 4s brakes options
I don't know about the reverse i don't go full reverse and brake ussualy

56% from the esc setting of my kraton 4s brakes options
I don't know about the reverse i don't go full reverse and brake ussualy

I'm just talking straight reverse. When you push on the trigger, the radio just sends "negative throttle" to the receiver, and the receiver sends that to the ESC. It's the ESC's job to figure out if the motor is going forward (apply brake), or stopped/backwards (go in reverse).

If you have ABS, instead of sending a "negative throttle" signal to the receiver, it will pulse "negative throttle". So it sends a pulsing negative throttle to the receiver, and that sends it to the ESC. The ESC can't tell if it's you the person alternating negative throttle with neutral manually, or if the radio is doing an ABS signal.

It just sees "negative, neutral, negative, neutral, etc." and will send that to the motor. So if the radio really had ABS, you would see it pulsing just going in reverse. It would be impossible to go in reverse at a constant speed -- the radio would pulse it.

Also, I don't think there's a "56%" brake in the ESC --

Attachments

• snip arrma esc.PNG
    snip arrma esc.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 41

For the diff mesh the front i left the shim how it was because it was not binding and was spinning pretty smoothly and now that i breaked in the rear diff with the shim in the oposite side i can hear i clic noise while in the front i don't. I switched the shim to the stock position and i have have the clic noise anymore and the diff still spins smoothly
Having plastic diffs you want to have the sun gear and crown gear to be the closest togueter
I did not find any residu or powder of the sun gear or crown gear inside th gearbox but my marine grease turned grenish while the front was still blue
Heat i suppose

Last edited:
lol, I have the pink one too...$27 dollars from BG. Receivers were on sale for 10 not to long ago. thanks @razorrc for taking time to post. you answered a few questions for me.(y)

Full review of the radio. Is it the best for the Kraton? No. It doesn't have EPA. Anything with EPA is going to make a huge difference, because you can't get full travel left/right with the stupid dual-rate. You're going to be stuck with one side not getting full travel and steering will suck on that side.

But yes, it's better than the stock radio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back