Kraton Razor RC Kraton & Outcast 4S V2 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't have the space for 6s speeds.. perhaps the most ironic part is, I live in the sticks!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Funny how that works huh? Iā€™m not in the sticks but definitely close to plenty of woods, and my god there isnā€™t a single place to really send it. Gotta bring my own ramp! All I want is a big open dirt field, some rough terrain, not huge rocks, just some good ol dirt to really blast around in. Maybe some piles of it, I donā€™t know.

Iā€™ve scoured Google maps, ridden my bicycle and motorcycle probably 500 miles, and nothing. A small patch of woods Iā€™m slowly turning into a track (via ripping my K4 through it for a few hundred laps until it resembles a track) is my best bet. Or schools with hills that I can launch onto.

There should be a ā€œdirt patch directoryā€ lol, for when you just want to go wide open throttle and let your suspension do itā€™s thing!

Funny how that works huh? Iā€™m not in the sticks but definitely close to plenty of woods, and my god there isnā€™t a single place to really send it. Gotta bring my own ramp! All I want is a big open dirt field, some rough terrain, not huge rocks, just some good ol dirt to really blast around in. Maybe some piles of it, I donā€™t know.

Iā€™ve scoured Google maps, ridden my bicycle and motorcycle probably 500 miles, and nothing. A small patch of woods Iā€™m slowly turning into a track (via ripping my K4 through it for a few hundred laps until it resembles a track) is my best bet. Or schools with hills that I can launch onto.

There should be a ā€œdirt patch directoryā€ lol, for when you just want to go wide open throttle and let your suspension do itā€™s thing!
I hear ya, round me it's heavily wooded. Quite a few shale pits, but they're really rough on rc's. Cuts tires pretty quickly.
Dirt patch directory, I love it!! Bash spot directory toošŸ˜šŸ»

I hear ya, round me it's heavily wooded. Quite a few shale pits, but they're really rough on rc's. Cuts tires pretty quickly.
Dirt patch directory, I love it!! Bash spot directory toošŸ˜šŸ»
I wish there was an app for that.

I'm lucky: I have a mostly-dirt half-acre backyard, but it could use some small mounds for jumping. I do have a small ramp that I use occasionally, but it's not the type than can be used for flips.

Backyard 1.jpg

I guess I'm lucky because there are a lot of good places within an hour of where I live. Pretty much all of them I found out about from other people, so I'd say get to know bashers in your area to find the best spots.

I guess I'm lucky because there are a lot of good places within an hour of where I live. Pretty much all of them I found out about from other people, so I'd say get to know bashers in your area to find the best spots.
Ohh trust me, trying to find someone else in the hobby is a part time job haha, lots of folks in Jersey but usually theyā€™re down in south Jersey. I should check if thereā€™s regional sub forums here.

I feel this so much lol. We have one tiny bmx spot in a park and thats it. All the bike spots say no motorized vehicles lol. I'm thankful for the one lil spot we got though. There is a track sorta close but I feel guilty going to the race track and trying to send it :ROFLMAO:

I feel this so much lol. We have one tiny bmx spot in a park and thats it. All the bike spots say no motorized vehicles lol. I'm thankful for the one lil spot we got though. There is a track sorta close but I feel guilty going to the race track and trying to send it :ROFLMAO:
I started up a shared Google map for adding public spots, skate parks or whatever. The domain name was set to expire in a few weeks but I kept it going in case anyone was still using it. Not a whole lot of places on it (except the ones I've added in NJ) but if someone can get use out of it, great! It's at http://www.wheretorc.com (it just redirects to a Google map).

You aren't lucky, you're blessed!

Adding the finishing touches to my latest creation >

- DiamondBack -

1663123995207.png

4S v2 Chassis Spine Block with Integrated Motor Mount Brace.
( Compatible with 4S v1 & All of 3S chassis. )

Last edited:
Full Review --

Solid review. Did you add any spacers to the shocks? This thing has quite a bit of sag.
Edit:
Saw your comments on shock preload. I guess it is what it is...
Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks @razorrc šŸ‘ Nice review!
Hey, what's up with that front right shock? Looks like she's a lil bound up?

Good eye! Yeah, I have a bent shock shaft, if you watch closely I pause for a split second while my brain is thinking about the lack of droopā€¦ šŸ¤£

Full Review --

So how do you deal with a rig like this that performs so well but is just a hair short of being durable enough for your driving style and locations? Do you resign yourself to replacing chassis periodically, try to dial back your sends to stay within its limits, or sell it and move on? Just curious šŸ¤Ø

I think the general public doesn't send it like Razor does. We might think we do but we don't. It's kinda like Jeep Wrangler owners...very few take them off road. I finally ran mine at little skate park it was a blast. Little shoe goo to help repair the body from my terrible driving and I'm good to go. Last time I was there was with 6s Outcast and I broke the rear wing 2 minutes into my bash session.

I think the general public doesn't send it like Razor does. We might think we do but we don't. It's kinda like Jeep Wrangler owners...very few take them off road. I finally ran mine at little skate park it was a blast. Little shoe goo to help repair the body from my terrible driving and I'm good to go. Last time I was there was with 6s Outcast and I broke the rear wing 2 minutes into my bash session.
Totally true. I was referring specifically to Razor and what he is going to do. Just out of curiosity. I think he sold his v1 because it was just too fragile for his preferred driving. Wondered if v2 had made the cut or if it would get the chop by him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back