Kraton Razor RC Kraton & Outcast 4S V2 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that’s good news! Let’s hope it continues to perform. Thanks for the testing. I have ordered.
Also great that you tested without the M2C braced motor mount and experienced no motor to chassis contact. Definitely suggests contact is mostly the chassis flexing to hit the motor vs motor deflecting to hit chassis.

Well that’s good news! Let’s hope it continues to perform. Thanks for the testing. I have ordered.
Also great that you tested without the M2C braced motor mount and experienced no motor to chassis contact. Definitely suggests contact is mostly the chassis flexing to hit the motor vs motor deflecting to hit chassis.

Yeah thanks, I wanted to try each without the other because I think everyone on YT had both. But if you don’t need the motor mount, then there’s no reason to buy it.

Last edited:
Definitely suggests contact is mostly the chassis flexing to hit the motor vs motor deflecting to hit chassis.
Hadn’t thought of it that way…🤔

Yeah thanks, I wanted to try each without the other because I think everyone on YT had both. But if you don’t need the motor mount, then there’s no reason to buy it.
👍 that was definitely good thinking and my thoughts exactly on not needing both.

Well…. that’s new!

81DC3E5D-0DE5-4BE4-8B7D-0D95D47439D8.jpeg

Replaced with a Robinson in same tooth count (13?). Also got a chassis brace for the Outcast, I think this video is conclusive!

I just checked my pinion today and it's extremely thinned out. Not nearly as bad as yours what with all the teeth missing, but each tooth is very skinny and it's clearly worn down. Is this just a common occurrence when you have a steel spur? I've only ever run plastic spurs so I have no idea, this is my first 4S+ rig.
I should add, the spur is only _slightly_ worn down. Definitely not needed a replacement as of now. Pinion on the other hand.. I won't run this thing until I have a new one on there. It's in bad shape. Will post a pic shortly for anyone curious.

Last edited:
I just checked my pinion today and it's extremely thinned out. Not nearly as bad as yours what with all the teeth missing, but each tooth is very skinny and it's clearly worn down. Is this just a common occurrence when you have a steel spur? I've only ever run plastic spurs so I have no idea, this is my first 4S+ rig.
I should add, the spur is only _slightly_ worn down. Definitely not needed a replacement as of now. Pinion on the other hand.. I won't run this thing until I have a new one on there. It's in bad shape. Will post a pic shortly for anyone curious.

Not a common thing, I think they just use cheap metal on their pinions. My spur seems fine though.

Exact same thing happened to mine within a month. Seems to be a cheap metal on the pinion. Replaced it w a hardened steel pinion and so far it’s been great.

Not a common thing, I think they just use cheap metal on their pinions. My spur seems fine though.
Quality of Arrma pinions across all their lines have fallen in the past 6 years. Monkey metal rules to keep the price point down.:mad:
Sad that M2C had to come up with a fix for the 4s X- Long chassis cracking and splitting.
So now when you buy the K4s, make sure the M2c chassis Brace is also purchased. That ups the price though. :unsure:
All because Arrma dropped the ball again with their new 4s release.:giggle:

I've finally decided to give up my pre-order on the Kraton 4S. It's still impossible to get one here in the UK. The date just keeps being pushed back and back. It now says December, but hopes have faded for that now as well.

Very strange.

I've finally decided to give up my pre-order on the Kraton 4S. It's still impossible to get one here in the UK. The date just keeps being pushed back and back. It now says December, but hopes have faded for that now as well.

Very strange.
Awe man - that sucks. I LOVE both my V2 4s rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back