Kraton Razor RC Kraton & Outcast 4S V2 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally true. I was referring specifically to Razor and what he is going to do. Just out of curiosity. I think he sold his v1 because it was just too fragile for his preferred driving. Wondered if v2 had made the cut or if it would get the chop by him.
I bet he keeps the Outcast at least, if someone comes up with a simple chassis fix, they're both keepers. Just my guess.
I see @Tex Koder has some nice bits he's been working on👌👍🍻😃
There will be something that'll keep em together for sure, question IMO is will it still be as nimble and lively? An aluminium chassis might be too much,change the dynamics that seem so critical for a lively 4s basher. Only my opinions of course🍻

I bet he keeps the Outcast at least, if someone comes up with a simple chassis fix, they're both keepers.
There will be something that'll keep em together for sure, question IMO is will it still be as nimble and lively? An aluminium chassis might be too much,change the dynamics that seem so critical for a lively 4s basher
Just saw Aldo Loyal post a pic of a early version M2C chassis brace, could definitely help! This one is for the Kraton specifically though.

So how do you deal with a rig like this that performs so well but is just a hair short of being durable enough for your driving style and locations? Do you resign yourself to replacing chassis periodically, try to dial back your sends to stay within its limits, or sell it and move on? Just curious 🤨

Great question! Things have kind of changed the last few years as the channel has grown. Nowadays, I pretty much keep everything because I like to do comparison videos.

But this is definitely not a primary basher for me, I might bring it out as a backup, but that's about it. I also stopped jumping it as high, maybe as the weather cools and the ground softens a bit, I'll bring it out more. I'm really tired of replacing chassis.
Totally true. I was referring specifically to Razor and what he is going to do. Just out of curiosity. I think he sold his v1 because it was just too fragile for his preferred driving. Wondered if v2 had made the cut or if it would get the chop by him.

Actually, I sold the V1 because I thought they were going to release a V2 soon... I was only off by about 3 years! 🤣
Just saw Aldo Loyal post a pic of a early version M2C chassis brace, could definitely help! This one is for the Kraton specifically though.

So far I haven't liked any of the braces I've seen. Hopefully the final M2C solution has vertical ribs or is flat/smooth and doesn't have cutouts that can catch stuff on the ground.

Last edited:
Interesting any chance you could link to it or repost?
He’s got a YouTube channel by the same name where he launches cars extremely far on his track. He posted it as a community post or else I would link it, doesn’t seem like the app lets you share community posts, weird.

He’s got a YouTube channel by the same name where he launches cars extremely far on his track. He posted it as a community post or else I would link it, doesn’t seem like the app lets you share community posts, weird.
Thanks I found it and here are the pics he shared. Not sure how effective it will be at reinforcing where the chassis narrows at the front and back given it does not extend the full length 🤔

DCBE7BC8-794E-47C8-BAB9-270FF28E6FCE.jpeg

AD47BA81-6FCB-4C93-9895-87E5E68A14FA.jpeg

Thanks I found it and here are the pics he shared. Not sure how effective it will be at reinforcing where the chassis narrows at the front and back given it does not extend the full length 🤔

View attachment 244386

View attachment 244387

Hmm... interesting design.
Covers only the mid section... I would have formed it at least up to completely cover the front subframe.

A lot of people were asking me if the m2c motor mount fixes the chassis breaking problem. I can positively confirm it does not.

So I’d say save the money and buy the new chassis brace instead.

We're up to 6 now
6 to 1, half dozen to another 😉
I just caught your MT410/OutKast comparison. I know a bit late, I’ve been busy lately. I loved it and appreciate that you drew that comparison! Afterwards I caught the new one that you just posted where you threw an M2C mount and block in the outcast. Wow! It did seem like you had to work a bit harder to break the chassis this time?

We're up to 6 now

M2c chassis brace are available now. Maybe if you install one you can keep using the chasis in this video unless you kept driving until it’s eventual demise? M2c have picks of a car still going on their website which is basically just held together by the brace/ bash bar.

M2c chassis brace are available now. Maybe if you install one you can keep using the chasis in this video unless you kept driving until it’s eventual demise? M2c have picks of a car still going on their website which is basically just held together by the brace/ bash bar.

That's the plan.
Dang dude! You need a new hobby er something..like racing sportbikes!!😁👍🍻

sounds dangerous!!!

not broken (enough) yet!

not broken (enough) yet!

Understood.

So, When you achieve a "broken enough" state... Please remember Me..
& Not just chuck the busted chassis into the dumpster..

Thank you greatly. 🍺

Understood.

So, When you achieve a "broken enough" state... Please remember Me..
& Not just chuck the busted chassis into the dumpster..

Thank you greatly. 🍺

They're only $28...

They're only $28...

I know...
However I'm going to put them under a miter saw and chop them in half or by 1/3...

I just have a hard time cutting up a Perfectly good chassis. Especially if I only need a certain section of it.
And just toss the rest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back