Notorious Razor RC Notorious V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razorrc

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Gorgon
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Senton 3s
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, having a lot of fun. Pretty damn impressive RTR.

I think the most surprising thing is that it works so well as more than just a stunt truck, it's just a solid all-around MT.

Thanks for picking one of these up Razor! I have been following along. Looking forward to some comparison videos too. Could you take some pics of Notorious vs WideMaxx? Prices are almost even between the two. I have the Noto 6S. Only issues so far is front bumper broke and three screws fell out of the chassis for aluminum motor mount. Make sure you keep them tight I had to get new ones and loctite them. I put Backflip LPs on it. Enjoy your videos bro!!

Thanks for picking one of these up Razor! I have been following along. Looking forward to some comparison videos too. Could you take some pics of Notorious vs WideMaxx? Prices are almost even between the two. I have the Noto 6S. Only issues so far is front bumper broke and three screws fell out of the chassis for aluminum motor mount. Make sure you keep them tight I had to get new ones and loctite them. I put Backflip LPs on it. Enjoy your videos bro!!

Thanks for the tips, I'll probably do a comparison between the Maxx and Notorious.

I saw that gopher also. I had to rewind that. I wasn't sure what it was.:ROFLMAO:
Nice video.
I have the Noto. It is a bit under geared for sure. I run 15T. But upping the diffs oils will liven it up for sure. Better mid air control.
Running 60k fr, 200ctr, 30 Rr. BF Lp's.
It looked like you were running 4s on that track. I run both 4s and 6s.

Could you take some pics of Notorious vs WideMaxx?

Here you go:

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, having a lot of fun. Pretty damn impressive RTR.

I think the most surprising thing is that it works so well as more than just a stunt truck, it's just a solid all-around MT.

thing that makes me laugh is kids are not a bit interested at all :D

I heard the Wide Max breaks parts easier.
Is this true?

thing that makes me laugh is kids are not a bit interested at all :D

Haha, the one tiny kid with the red helmet (he was probably like 4 y.o.) was super interested, and his mom came up to me and asked where she could buy my RC car. I told her, "uh, it's $570 and probably not a good choice for a 4 y.o."... 🤣
I heard the Wide Max breaks parts easier.
Is this true?

I think so. Honestly, I would take it off my car, but I'm too lazy and everyone expects to see it on the Maxx when I do videos, so I just leave it on.

I heard it breaks arms easier because they're longer, and that you'd need metal axles because, again, it's longer. Is that correct?

I heard it breaks arms easier because they're longer, and that you'd need metal axles because, again, it's longer. Is that correct?

My opinion is:

1. Well, not really the arms, but everything is going to be weaker, just due to leverage and physics.
2. No

But I disagree with almost everyone out there on like half the stuff they say about RC cars, so... 🤷‍♂️

Haha, the one tiny kid with the red helmet (he was probably like 4 y.o.) was super interested, and his mom came up to me and asked where she could buy my RC car. I told her, "uh, it's $570 and probably not a good choice for a 4 y.o."... 🤣

I think so. Honestly, I would take it off my car, but I'm too lazy and everyone expects to see it on the Maxx when I do videos, so I just leave it on.
The wide track everyone goes for, then breakage seems more common. From what I have heard. 👍

The wide track everyone goes for, then breakage seems more common. From what I have heard. 👍

OK, here's my full opinion on the WideMaxx...

People lack some understanding about the truck. The truck rolls over a lot out of the box, yes that's true. On dirt, no actually it doesn't, but on the street or grass, yes. However, you just need to do some basic tuning to the truck and it won't rollover (well it still can, but you can get rid of like 90% of it).

Buying the WideMaxx kit makes it handle like poop, makes it easier to break, and is pretty much unnecessary if you know what you're doing. Also the plastic toelinks are about 2mm too short and give it some stupid front toe-in that is non-adjustable.

IMO, shorter arms and shorter chassis make a truck more durable. I think the Granite is more durable than the BRCC for this reason, and probably the Notorious vs. the Kraton too.

same when I go bashing adults seem more interested kids arn,t bothered

Usually with me it's an adult with a kid.

One time agirl with her dad, he said he wanted to get her a hobby in wich she could get her hands dirty),
and one time a boy with his dad, and an RC car. They were in the plane hobby as well.

I hear you leaning towards the Traxxas Maxx without the wide kit... Also hear you leaning toward the Notorious vs the WideMaxx. 👂 I'm listening Razor don't spoil it before you put the video out bro. 😁 The Noto is hard to beat. Drives really good for a stunt truck too. Maybe the best comparison is Notorious vs Tekno MT410 ???? Sounds like those two in the finals match to me lol 😎

Noto for the win 💪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back