Senton Razor RC Senton 4x2 Boost thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razorrc

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Gorgon
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Senton 3s
I don't know if this is the right forum, but this truck shares almost everything with the 4x4's, so I think it belongs here. Going to share my thoughts on this new line of trucks.

I love all your vids Razor , your driving skills , and reviews . But on this truck , seems best suited for a little kid to have less to break ( front diff / driveshafts ) and not invest $$$ to upgrade as you can get carried away into the realm of " should have just bought the 3s !!! " .
Also , Arrma coming out with something like this , and as I keep saying " but you discontinued the Senton 6s " !!!!

I love all your vids Razor , your driving skills , and reviews . But on this truck , seems best suited for a little kid to have less to break ( front diff / driveshafts ) and not invest $$$ to upgrade as you can get carried away into the realm of " should have just bought the 3s !!! " .
Also , Arrma coming out with something like this , and as I keep saying " but you discontinued the Senton 6s " !!!!

Thanks, and I totally agree, which is why I basically don’t upgrade ANY of my cars. I think you can apply the same to the 3S cars, the 4S cars, 6S, etc. 😀

I’d rather buy another car than spend hundreds upgrading an existing one.

I’d rather buy another car than spend hundreds upgrading an existing one.
I agree in theory, but hot damn it just sneaks up on you. $20 here, $30 there, and before you know it you have $1,400 into your MT410 🤣🤦‍♂️

I'm still really interested to see Razor's thoughts on this lineup as I've been itching for an affordable 2wd vehicle for a while that isn't a Traxxas. If the transmissions are truly brushless-ready as Arrma claims, I might try to pick one up for cheap and drop an old system into it.

Get a 3s blx instead and when the plastic rear diff dies, just throw the front one in back bam! Brushless Boost 2x4

There's a ton more value in the 3s line. That extra $100 gets you a lot more car and you're gonna pay double or triple that over time if you decide you want brushless and 4WD later. Pull the front diff out and save it and the front drive shafts as spares for the rear if you want a half assed 2WD that bad. At least you'll have a decent power system.

Speaking of blowing money, when I converted my Granite to a v1 style Outcast alot of my spares were no longer compatible. So I made my own "boost" 2x4 for my boy out of spare parts plus a chassis, body and wheels from Jennys back in the summer.

On 2s it's a lot of fun. 3s is really too much at least with Senton tires. Donuts for days whether you want them or not 😂

But a legitimate 2WD would smoke it ten ways to Sunday every day of the week.

I'm still really interested to see Razor's thoughts on this lineup as I've been itching for an affordable 2wd vehicle for a while that isn't a Traxxas. If the transmissions are truly brushless-ready as Arrma claims, I might try to pick one up for cheap and drop an old system into it.

It's got the 3S diffs, but a 48p spur gear and plastic motor mount. :(

Isn’t it basically a two wheel drive mega?
It’s not even that. Believe it or not the Mega has a better ESC and tx/rx lol. The only thing I saw in the boost line that I like was the black vorteks body. I’m wondering if it’s just a black version of the original or an entirely new body, hard to tell.

Ecx makes a decent affordable 2wd platform but you can only buy them in stores or on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/265768626460?hash=item3de10b691c:g:aL8AAOSwIJxixaYH&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoAvxydHdg6ncBTYWRJLw2P3aqldvF2zuh6GzmKeApPG3xrVsAMeltu5NoRSCOtum5PqIL84FKhq0/qKfAJUco8v4eeAEflOY2hLt1aPWjbJTsFsnO4LEHD1oL6P9Bic+FBxKPh3rWOq0c7rwwnJKEijr1lAnubVOKaWkuF3MdwYapKrg4wZbRVAqhqTCMSPkGJhafx/slwYG/wcm+pyjVxE=|tkp:Bk9SR_a0vKzjYA

Out of the box it isn't brushless ready you need the metal transmission gear set which Horizon thinks is worth its weight in gold....................... pretty sure I only paid $19.99 for this back in 2015 https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/metal-gear-set-all-ecx-1-10-2wd/ECX9001.html

Also it comes with the Spektrum STX2 (n)

Last edited:
Ecx makes a decent affordable 2wd platform but you can only buy them in stores or on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/265768626460?hash=item3de10b691c:g:aL8AAOSwIJxixaYH&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoAvxydHdg6ncBTYWRJLw2P3aqldvF2zuh6GzmKeApPG3xrVsAMeltu5NoRSCOtum5PqIL84FKhq0/qKfAJUco8v4eeAEflOY2hLt1aPWjbJTsFsnO4LEHD1oL6P9Bic+FBxKPh3rWOq0c7rwwnJKEijr1lAnubVOKaWkuF3MdwYapKrg4wZbRVAqhqTCMSPkGJhafx/slwYG/wcm+pyjVxE=|tkp:Bk9SR_a0vKzjYA

Out of the box it isn't brushless ready you need the metal transmission gear set which Horizon thinks is worth its weight in gold....................... pretty sure I only paid $19.99 for this back in 2015 https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/metal-gear-set-all-ecx-1-10-2wd/ECX9001.html

Also it comes with the Spektrum STX2 (n)

I got a chance to testdrive the Senton 4x2 and I also have an ECX AMP MT, which is my pick for best entry-level RC car.

Haven't decided which I think is better yet, there are definitely pros (and cons) to each. Same with the brushed Slash 2wd.

I got a chance to testdrive the Senton 4x2 and I also have an ECX AMP MT, which is my pick for best entry-level RC car.

Haven't decided which I think is better yet, there are definitely pros (and cons) to each. Same with the brushed Slash 2wd.
I don't even know if they make the Amp Mt anymore :(
The biggest downside to Ecx imho is that Horizon made them in store only. That was a stupid decision on their part if you ask me. At least they offered the parts for sale online.

I've had less problems with my Ruckus in the past 7 years than I had with either of my Arrma 3s models in the past 3 years. It does have it's issues but you can at least address most if not all of them with upgrade parts or parts from the Traxxas 2wd platform.

Nice review. i'm surprised it handles decently as 2wd car

I wonder if the SLT2 can enter programming mode (to set epa) just like the SLT3 can.. i cannot find a manual for it but i cant see why they would go over the trouble to disable programming mode on it.. so there's some chance it will work.

Also, did you notice if the body is lexan like on the 3s cars or they oped for pvc like they do on the Voltage cars?

btw, small addendum regarding difference between it and the 3s cars, the mega cars use lower spring rates and oils.

Nice review. i'm surprised it handles decently as 2wd car

I wonder if the SLT2 can enter programming mode (to set epa) just like the SLT3 can.. i cannot find a manual for it but i cant see why they would go over the trouble to disable programming mode on it.. so there's some chance it will work.

Also, did you notice if the body is lexan like on the 3s cars or they oped for pvc like they do on the Voltage cars?

btw, small addendum regarding difference between it and the 3s cars, the mega cars use lower spring rates and oils.

Thanks for the info, I don't think the SLT2 has EPA. Body is Lexan.

And a comparison with the venerable Slash

The ARRMA Senton Boost would probably handle much better in the dirt with softer springs in the rear and maybe some harder springs up front. I'm guessing it comes the regular 4x4 springs which wouldn't be as suitable for 2wd. Hot Racing offers spring sets for these vehicles.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back