Granite RazorRC Granite 4x4 BLX build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice review. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I did break the wheelie bar spring and my body is definitely beat up, but other than that the truck has taken some major abuse. One thing I would have liked to have seen is more options for the pre drilled motor mount holes so that you can run different pinions. As it stands you can only run the stock 15, a 20 which is really over gearing the truck and a 26 witch you should never run. They're coming out with an adjustable motor mount, which should be available in the next month or two.

Nice review. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I did break the wheelie bar spring and my body is definitely beat up, but other than that the truck has taken some major abuse. One thing I would have liked to have seen is more options for the pre drilled motor mount holes so that you can run different pinions. As it stands you can only run the stock 15, a 20 which is really over gearing the truck and a 26 witch you should never run. They're coming out with an adjustable motor mount, which should be available in the next month or two.

Thanks, I agree with you on the motor mount. It really should have a 17 or 18t hole! I'll check out the adjustable mount when it comes out, but most likely will just stick with the stock motor mount since it really locks the motor in place even in hard crashes.

I'm only speculating but I'm guessing that the 26t might be for a touring car to compete with the Traxxas 4Tec 2.0. Only other thing I could think would be a 4x4 buggy, maybe a 1/10 Typhon is in the works.

So I've done indoor clay track, outdoor gravel/dirt track, BMX park, skate park... what am I missing?

You mean like this? Took me 3 days to clean it all out! :):eek::ROFLMAO::poop:

Haha! YES! Nailed it! Now, just leave it in the bed of the truck and go through a car wash, add a little oil to the bearings and you're ready to go again... ;)

Haha! YES! Nailed it! Now, just leave it in the bed of the truck and go through a car wash, add a little oil to the bearings and you're ready to go again... ;)
The silicone type of WD40 works insanely well.

The silicone type of WD40 works insanely well.

Like, you just cover the whole truck with it? Or just the bearings?

And is this for cleaning or for after you clean it to keep the dirt from sticking?

My front bearings (factory, not sealed) were a bit rough after running last weekend and then hosing off. A few shots and they were spinning completely free again. I didn't bother to take the wheels off either. I'm a bum and too lazy to disassemble every time. This was for cleaning and lubricating.

Stupid change, but I'm anal about these things. Didn't like the short little set screws holding on the aluminum hexes, so upgraded to M3x4mm set screws. Fits perfect and stays a little more snug.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back