RC Bix’s Granite and BRCC 3S Builds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Finally got my Granite this week and boys BRCC has been patiently waiting for upgrades which also all arrived so figured it was time to start up our thread :)

15A263EA-72BC-486A-B657-F9F41A6F59A0.jpeg

First order of business was fitting Typhon RPM arms and turnbuckles on my freshly unboxed Granite. Not a very difficult job but took a fair bit longer than I thought mainly as I wanted to make sure my turnbuckles were all equal lengths on both sides of the truck. Definitely pleased with the results though as the stance looks much better and from what I’ve read will perform much better too (y)

6EE7EB14-2F9D-41ED-B232-9B4A4076A0E8.jpeg

I reckon I’ll need to adjust the camber slightly as it looks a little too aggressive especially on the front, other than that though I can’t wait to give this thing it’s first run!

I had intended to convert my sons BRCC with the same setup tonight, but ran out of time and hoping to give them both a run tomorrow so I prioritised fitting his new Typhon 6S shocks as he bent a stock shock shaft last time out.

They certainly feel like a big improvement over the stock shocks with loads more damping and fit nicely with a bit of nitro fuel pipe in the tower mounts and a couple of washers on the front arms to ensure they clear the driveshafts.

5340D61C-9C73-4D1B-9DCF-F41B78F56F00.jpeg

Be interesting to see how much difference the shocks make without widening the stance, the Typhon arms and turnbuckles will be done straight after tomorrow’s run though either way.

Will report back after tomorrow’s run and will hopefully have some pictures and videos to share :cool:

There’s some more upgrades already en route but I’ll leave the details until they arrive!

Been a tad busy since the last update but managed to get these both out for a run and also got the BRCC converted over to Typhon arms and turnbuckles beforehand :)

3C53C47E-B3EE-4CB4-959A-9BBF9CF0860E.jpeg

Not the best picture I know (can barely see the difference in width!) but that’s with the front converted and the rear still stock.

With all the tinkering complete me and my son went to a local forest that has loads of nice wide open paths and we put 3 packs each through these rigs. Considering we have had plenty of 1/8 Tekno, Traxxas and Hobao rigs there is something so inherently fun about really powerful 1/10 MT style rigs like these. I think the fact you need less space to enjoy them properly helps too.

10DC97E0-8B6C-424A-8830-29732003806C.jpeg

Really pleased with how they both handled with the wider arms fitted, they are both so much more stable now and especially the BRCC as it doesn’t want to be on its roof every time you turn anymore :LOL:

The Typhon 6S shocks are so plush on the boys BRCC too, I’m going the run the stocks on my Granite for now as they aren’t leaking yet and hopefully the Trackstar shocks come back into stock eventually.

In terms of next mods I think I’m going to donate the Granite wheels to the BRCC as it desperately needs wider tyres. Then I’m going to convert the Granite to 17mm hex either with the HR parts or I might just get the Typhon 3S parts which may be cheaper as I’m in the UK and always get stung with import charges on HR parts! I’ll likely go with Proline MX28’s as I loved those tyres on my old Pro MT 4x4.

Beyond that I’ve already got decent bearings on the way and will order some servos for when the stock ones give up on us. Will update the thread again once we run these again and I’ll hopefully get video next time, we were too busy having fun this time out :D

Been a tad busy since the last update but managed to get these both out for a run and also got the BRCC converted over to Typhon arms and turnbuckles beforehand :)

View attachment 50240

Not the best picture I know (can barely see the difference in width!) but that’s with the front converted and the rear still stock.

With all the tinkering complete me and my son went to a local forest that has loads of nice wide open paths and we put 3 packs each through these rigs. Considering we have had plenty of 1/8 Tekno, Traxxas and Hobao rigs there is something so inherently fun about really powerful 1/10 MT style rigs like these. I think the fact you need less space to enjoy them properly helps too.

View attachment 50241

Really pleased with how they both handled with the wider arms fitted, they are both so much more stable now and especially the BRCC as it doesn’t want to be on its roof every time you turn anymore :LOL:

The Typhon 6S shocks are so plush on the boys BRCC too, I’m going the run the stocks on my Granite for now as they aren’t leaking yet and hopefully the Trackstar shocks come back into stock eventually.

In terms of next mods I think I’m going to donate the Granite wheels to the BRCC as it desperately needs wider tyres. Then I’m going to convert the Granite to 17mm hex either with the HR parts or I might just get the Typhon 3S parts which may be cheaper as I’m in the UK and always get stung with import charges on HR parts! I’ll likely go with Proline MX28’s as I loved those tyres on my old Pro MT 4x4.

Beyond that I’ve already got decent bearings on the way and will order some servos for when the stock ones give up on us. Will update the thread again once we run these again and I’ll hopefully get video next time, we were too busy having fun this time out :D
If you go with the Typhon hexes, you will need the axles too. It is a pretty easy swap.

I can vouch for the MX28s as well. They don’t traction roll as much as the Fortress tires did for me. They do balloon about the same tho, so if that’s an issue, you can wrap them.

Just be careful with those noodle arms. Make sure you don’t store them improperly. The only approved storage method in anti-gravity suspended in a complete vacuum.

If you go with the Typhon hexes, you will need the axles too. It is a pretty easy swap.

I can vouch for the MX28s as well. They don’t traction roll as much as the Fortress tires did for me. They do balloon about the same tho, so if that’s an issue, you can wrap them.

Just be careful with those noodle arms. Make sure you don’t store them improperly. The only approved storage method in anti-gravity suspended in a complete vacuum.
Thanks for the info on the Typhon parts, I’ve been digging through the exploded views making notes of the part numbers ?

Not surprised you rate the MX28s too as I thought they were the best thing about the Pro MT 4x4 tbh ?

Are the RPM arms really that liable to bending then? I guess keeping the arms completely flat when in storage is the best way to avoid it. I always remove wheels and keep my trucks suspended, reckon that would do the job? Beyond a vacuum of course ?
Very nice build ???
Thanks man, that means a lot having seen some of your rigs dude ?

Thanks for the info on the Typhon parts, I’ve been digging through the exploded views making notes of the part numbers ?

Not surprised you rate the MX28s too as I thought they were the best thing about the Pro MT 4x4 tbh ?

Are the RPM arms really that liable to bending then? I guess keeping the arms completely flat when in storage is the best way to avoid it. I always remove wheels and keep my trucks suspended, reckon that would do the job? Beyond a vacuum of course ?
Thanks man, that means a lot having seen some of your rigs dude ?
I had my first set bend overnight before my first run and emailed RPM about it. They said I improperly stored my vehicle and I should boil them to get them flat again. They were on my Typhon for less than 12 hours and never even ran once. I did leave it on the wheels overnight, but again, it was 12 hours. I was not pleased.

That said, have yet to break a set. ??‍♂️??

I had my first set bend overnight before my first run and emailed RPM about it. They said I improperly stored my vehicle and I should boil them to get them flat again. They were on my Typhon for less than 12 hours and never even ran once. I did leave it on the wheels overnight, but again, it was 12 hours. I was not pleased.

That said, have yet to break a set. ??‍♂️??
I’ve had a few RPM arms in the past for Slash’s etc and never known them to bend that much, especially not just sitting on the bench! Will keep an eye on them for sure and try to prevent bending mine, appreciate the tip man and at least they haven’t broke (y)

I’ve had a few RPM arms in the past for Slash’s etc and never known them to bend that much, especially not just sitting on the bench! Will keep an eye on them for sure and try to prevent bending mine, appreciate the tip man and at least they haven’t broke (y)
I put a beating on them today and they did not break. In fact, they should pay me for this video evidence of how hard of a hit they can take.

Nice upgrades ?
Something I'd like to do with my Granite.

Nice upgrades ?
Something I'd like to do with my Granite.
Thanks man, definitely worthwhile upgrade to drastically alter the handling and look of these rigs (y)
Also pretty good value for money too especially in comparison to say a truggified 6S Typhon conversion which is a bit more costly (although absolutely awesome!)

My next delivery of upgrades arrived this week so I set about installing them all this evening :)

5A10A58B-5463-44A5-AA93-2680778A7A29.jpeg

First thing I did was fit the Typhon 3S axles and hexes on my Granite. Simple conversion and thanks to Jenny’s RC it cost less than buying the individual parts needed and I even have 4 spare driveshafts (y)

6D456EF2-8493-47D2-89AF-16F58CC97330.jpeg

I went with this option over the HR hexes mainly as I’ve already widen the truck with Typhon arms so don’t need the extra width and really liked how the truck handled last time out so didn’t want to mess with it too much. MX28s look great mounted on the truck, they don’t leave masses of clearance around the front knuckles but enough for me not to worry about it. Maybe the HR hexes wouldn’t have been such a bad idea!

559B66F4-4AF7-4443-B1EA-FDEF7A26BA2D.jpeg

The Granite wheels were then donated to my sons BRCC and he loves the new look. They also should make it a lot more stable and give him more rotating mass for those all important backflips!

32D88BB0-65F2-4DCB-ADEB-BCC3A74D727D.jpeg

Final job for tonight was to fit the HR adjustable motor mounts in both trucks. Really nice quality items and as with most jobs on these 3S rigs, an easy job to compete. I love how quickly you can access pretty much every part of the truck without having to disassemble 50% of the truck (Tekno MT410 diff access springs to mind).

D8C131C4-D0CD-48B0-AA48-37711A5EB138.jpeg

I can see why these motor mounts are recommended though as the gear mesh on both did feel tighter than I would normally set it with the stock non adjustable mount. Last time out both motors did get pretty hot so I’m hoping the improved gear mesh might help. I’ve also read that quite a few people recommend gearing up slightly to further reduce temps, if you’ve changed gearing on your 3S rig please fire over your suggestions :unsure:

That wraps up tonight’s wrenching, the weather here in the UK has been crap for weeks now but as soon as we get a clear day these will get another run. With the weather getting wet I’m considering venting the badlands, I’ve already vented the stock granite tyres, I’m just not sure I can bring myself to vent £70 worth of new tyres. Still though better than filling them up with water and ruining the foams right?!?

Got a couple more bits on route that are more cosmetic in nature and I’m going to be trying out a new servo in one of the trucks soon as well. Now all we need is a dry day!!

Reviving my old thread as me and my son decided to get back into the hobby 🙂

I picked up a Mojave 4S for myself which I will start another thread for, but got my son a Granite V3 again as our old one was such a blast so thought I’d keep the old thread going.

Managed to snag a good deal on a used V3 which will be getting some upgrades in the next few weeks.

Planned upgrades are Typhon arms and turnbuckles which I have on order, was a great upgrade on our old one. Decided to go for the stock arms this time as the RPM’s on our old ones got really bent after a few runs. Also got a Outcast 4S wing and mount on the way and will be looking into shocks too.

Ordered an OG Granite body in lime green too just for nostalgia so it looks like our old one 👍🏻

Can’t wait to get out bashing again 😁

IMG_7355.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back