RC car for Toddler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

419RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 3s
My 2.5 yr old daughter loves everything that i do. trucks, motorcycles, building, destroying, and digign. She always wants to help. The RC hobby is no different and she loves to steer mine while i throttle. Her hands certainly don't fit probbaly ANY TX but is there a good programmable car that she can grow into? Im thinking some kind of a crawler since it has low speed but im open to options.

Ideally it would be something I could enjoy but also detune for her.

Sometimes you gotta learn to run before you walk. I'd say a Mojave on 6S for "her" should do it 😀
Can you adopt me ? I wanna be your kid !!!
Inwould try a redcat volcano 16. Its perfect and you can adjust everything like a bigger rc as well. I got 2 for my kids . You can upgrade them as well.
Thats not a bad idea at all!!

A crawler or a toy-grade RC for the floors in the house will be good. Also, what your budget?
+1 I have a crawler from horizon and its slow but hilarious to drive. Even if you roll it you can right it using the control. Cost me about $150 and takes 2s lipos.

Its a temper gen 2

All good suggestions so far. I have a Hobbytown close by, do they typical run any cars for you to try out, slow crawlers and smaller scale specifically.

I was about to talk abt that as well. Its a cool lil truck.
Yup it sure is.
16179086428873332358389198140411.jpg
I had one issue with it being a runaway but redcat is sending me a new esc . They've been really helpful in thst department lol
Yup it sure is.
16179086428873332358389198140411.jpg
I had one issue with it being a runaway but redcat is sending me a new esc . They've been really helpful in thst department lol
And I got it because there are plenty of upgrades and spares readily available if something should happen.

I need those sized tyres for my crawler

This is going to sound weird coming from an 18 year old who loves to hook around cops (it's a fettish) but I wouldnt recommend getting her a high end rc car.
These rc cars are reccomended for 14+ and for good reason. I've seen too many videos of people getting hurt with these things, and I can imagine a toddler using one.
Personally I would recommend a half decent Walmart rc or a mini z (speedy tile floor rc car)
Please don't take this the wrong way sir, I'm just doing what I think would be the best idea for a 2 year old

Last edited:
I just ordered a pink/black latrax teton for my 3yr old. I'd go with a hobby grade that you can adjust throttle, although I'm not sure if the teton has a variable throttle

76054-TETON-Action-PINK-Side-RtoL-web@1x.jpg

Small kids don't have the reflexes for driving anything with speed. Crawlers, though would work great. Something like a Axial SCX24 would be great for a small child - small enough they can carry it, and it comes with a smaller "kids size" remote that still works for grown-up hands.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?cID=44&s=scx24

I have the teal pick-up version for my son. He is 12, but just does not care for fast bashers. But he loves this little crawler.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back