RC Car stand, for wrenching on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

findywen

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
I have seen a few people using various car stands or even a tire when wrenching on their car. The table I have to work on is a little low and has limited space, so I wanted a little something extra for a stand. Recently I picked up a monitor stand for an extra computer monitor and realized that this could work perfectly. And I have to say it holds the weight easily, and allows me to move it out of the way etc. The one thing I haven't figure out yet is aside from just balancing the car if I could keep it secured better, with maybe an option to tilt it on edge. I am considering picking up some neodymium magnets, though I don't know what effect that will have on the motor if any, if the magnet is near the motor housing.

20201118_181216[1].jpg

If anyone is interested the stand I got is this one; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085Y3XT5Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have seen a few people using various car stands or even a tire when wrenching on their car. The table I have to work on is a little low and has limited space, so I wanted a little something extra for a stand. Recently I picked up a monitor stand for an extra computer monitor and realized that this could work perfectly. And I have to say it holds the weight easily, and allows me to move it out of the way etc. The one thing I haven't figure out yet is aside from just balancing the car if I could keep it secured better, with maybe an option to tilt it on edge. I am considering picking up some neodymium magnets, though I don't know what effect that will have on the motor if any, if the magnet is near the motor housing.

View attachment 109792

If anyone is interested the stand I got is this one; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085Y3XT5Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Interested in how well the ? work out for you

I decided not to try the magnets since it occurred to me that the aluminum chassis are not very magnetic, so i don't think the holding power is there.

So far it has worked pretty well with the car just sitting on it, and the adjustable height has been nice for when i want to stand or sit and have access to it. While the arm has been nice to easily swing it out of the way when I have taken off a piece that I am working on, and don't need the car taking up the central space on the table. I would still like a way to temporarily affix the car to the mounting plate, so I could have it on its side for example for when pulling off wheels etc. I haven't quite worked that part out though.

4 foot step ladder if you don’t mind standing up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back