SOLD / FOUND RC Car Work Stand w/Parts Trays- Highly Adjustable - 1/8 & 1/10 Scale - Green

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Mojave EXB
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234873234252

I hope eBay links are OK here. I didnt see anything in the rules saying it wasnt but if its a problem feel free to remove this thread. Ive made a custom car stand and the only reason Im listing it on eBay is to get a feel for how much it may be worth. Once I work out what I feel like is a good price for these, if I continue to make them then Ill just list them for a flat fee on the forums.

I hope eBay links are OK here. I didnt see anything in the rules saying it wasnt but if its a problem feel free to remove this thread. Ive made a custom car stand and the only reason Im listing it on eBay is to get a feel for how much it may be worth. Once I work out what I feel like is a good price for these, if I continue to make them then Ill just list them for a flat fee on the forums.
Looks pretty nice!!!

Now the question is how many months before product imitaters start making a cheaper version and undercutting you??

Looks pretty nice!!!

Now the question is how many months before product imitaters start making a cheaper version and undercutting you??
lol, good question. Honestly if someone would make a commercial version of this stand Id call that a win. I just want a good stand. Im not doing it so much to make money. Not that Im against that either :)

I don't care about the stand I want the LST3 :ROFLMAO:

But on a serious note what is this made of? What will the final version be made of?

I don't care about the stand I want the LST3 :ROFLMAO:
No one is getting any of my LSTs! Im gonna be buried with all of them... except the gas powered one. hahahahaha

But on a serious note what is this made of? What will the final version be made of?
The ones that Im making are made from aluminum extrusion and PLA.

Nice Work!! That looks like a lot of work, how many rolls of PLA does it take to make?

Nice Work!! That looks like a lot of work, how many rolls of PLA does it take to make?
Well, I had to reprint a lot of parts before things got dialed in so I can only really take an educated guess at about 1/2 - 3/4 of a roll? The only part that takes a ton of filament is the top plate. The riser takes a fair amount too but the bottom is mostly aluminum and the axle support arms are aluminum as well.

I didnt do most of the design, WickedFog did. Him and I worked on a couple of joint 3D printed projects together and Im just seeing if theres any market for these. We also designed a servo tester too that Ill be testing the market for sooner or later.

Last edited:
No one is getting any of my LSTs! Im gonna be buried with all of them... except the gas powered one. hahahahaha

The ones that Im making are made from aluminum extrusion and PLA.
From what I remember the gas LST was rather crappy as were most of the other 1/8th scale gas powered cars like the Savage XL Octane and the Losi 8ight T Gas.

Yeah. All the "octane" type 1/8th scale were flops. The rest of the LST line was awesome though. :)
Yeah idk how they all managed to screw those up. None of them seemed to work properly.

Nice work in the stand .but personally would not pay the $99.00 your asking..but I do like the way you designed it.👍

Nice work in the stand .but personally would not pay the $99.00 your asking..but I do like the way you designed it.👍
I appreciate the input and your opinion on the price. Its just not worth selling for less once you factor in the $65 worth of hardware, plus 1/2 - 2/3 of a roll of PLA, plus the time to print it, plus the time to assemble it, and thats to say nothing of the time it took to design it. Honestly if it were to only sell for $99 I wouldnt bother making any more of them to sell. It wouldnt be worth it. Personally Ive been looking for a stand like this for such a long time I would have paid someone $150-$200 for one. Im sure that puts me in the minority but I cant be the only one. I hope, I have enough parts to make 2 more of these. lol

I appreciate the input and your opinion on the price. Its just not worth selling for less once you factor in the $65 worth of hardware, plus 1/2 - 2/3 of a roll of PLA, plus the time to print it, plus the time to assemble it, and thats to say nothing of the time it took to design it. Honestly if it were to only sell for $99 I wouldnt bother making any more of them to sell. It wouldnt be worth it. Personally Ive been looking for a stand like this for such a long time I would have paid someone $150-$200 for one. Im sure that puts me in the minority but I cant be the only one. I hope, I have enough parts to make 2 more of these. lol
Oh I totally understand where your coming from ..like I mentioned it's a very nice stand ..and no reason why you can't get what you want..there are always a buyer for everything..for that price I would prefer to just make my own to accomodate my needs ..good luck
Oh I totally understand where your coming from ..like I mentioned it's a very nice stand ..and no reason why you can't get what you want..there are always a buyer for everything..for that price I would prefer to just make my own to accomodate my needs ..good luck
The real reason I wouldn't pay your price is because I'm cheap ..not gonna lie..has nothing to do with your design and hard work .I Believe the price is worth your time and work👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back