Kraton RC-Dad's Kraton EXB Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was still not happy with motor temps even running dual 40mm fans on the K8 heatsink so I thought I'd give alza racing a try and see how that works out. Ran a few packs with this setup and temps haven't gotten over 125 on the motor since switching.
View attachment 143622

Also got my new body painted and fitted.

What did you use to attach the Fan base to the can?

I was still not happy with motor temps even running dual 40mm fans on the K8 heatsink so I thought I'd give alza racing a try and see how that works out. Ran a few packs with this setup and temps haven't gotten over 125 on the motor since switching.
View attachment 143622View attachment 143623

Also got my new body painted and fitted.
View attachment 143624View attachment 143625View attachment 143626

What did you use to attach the Alza fan base to the can? Finding a good solution for the 1717 has been a chore

What did you use to attach the Alza fan base to the can? Finding a good solution for the 1717 has been a chore
Yes it is a chore finding good cooling solution for the 1717 but I have been really happy with this alza setup. I used a heavy duty zip tie to attach it to the can. Purchased them off Amazon.

I was on the Alza site and found one for up to 40mm can, but didn't see one for bigger.

Happen to have a link for it on Amazon?
Ahhh. Now that I look at it again, I get it. It's the base that I was missing...and it wasn't clicking. Got it now.

Last edited:
The universal fan mount is for 40mm and larger cans on the alza site.

https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/universal-parts/175-motor-40mm-fan-mounting-base.html

Screenshot_20210515-173319_Samsung Internet.jpg

More info section explains the details for this mount. Link above is the mount I'm using. I also ordered their dual fan adapter and fan cover.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back