Kraton RC disappointment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertman2098

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
It sucks when u go to fix a problem and then wait all week for parts then u fix it but u we're wrong about what the problem was.
Now u have to wait all week again for parts to fix it. Learning my new kraton on what the problem really is has been painful. The second weekend just sitting there. Next weekend it will be a go for sure, if the weather cooperates. Definitely will go over things alot closer next time that it has a problem and will be 100% sure what's wrong before missing another weekend without running it.

It sucks when u go to fix a problem and then wait all week for parts then u fix it but u we're wrong about what the problem was.
Now u have to wait all week again for parts to fix it. Learning my new kraton on what the problem really is has been painful. The second weekend just sitting there. Next weekend it will be a go for sure, if the weather cooperates. Definitely will go over things alot closer next time that it has a problem and will be 100% sure what's wrong before missing another weekend without running it.

Agreed. Check out Jennysrc website. Use code jrc for 5% off at checkout. I bought a bunch of pieces off there and can now fix things very quickly and the night they break.

And then start the addiction into Voltage Hobbies and Hot Racing parts...

This happens to me at work all the time, I have a customer bring in something to get fixed and do a visual inspection of it to order parts, then as you start tearing it apart you realize that more was broke than met the eye. But with my work I could be waiting anywhere from 14 to 90 days for parts. I've been waiting since late May for a mechanism for a sleeper sofa to show up.

I've been bashing for so long that I have a parts box I always have in my truck bag that has many screws/bolts/washers/shock ends/spacers/exhaust gaskets/springs... lots of stuff.

I barely remember 20 years ago when I first started. Pretty sure I'd just show up with a glow heater, bottle of fuel, remote and a truck. As time goes on, you learn that you need to take more support equipment and tools.

Agreed. Check out Jennysrc website. Use code jrc for 5% off at checkout. I bought a bunch of pieces off there and can now fix things very quickly and the night they break.

And then start the addiction into Voltage Hobbies and Hot Racing parts...
U wanna sale it

The Ebay chop shops was where all my parts came from. I would buy a bag of parts, when I only needed 1 little thing, and would get all this extra stuff. I needed a gear box, and could order it from arrma, for $18 and wait 3 months, or from Ebay for $30 and wait 4 days, and it would have the entire differential inside as well. So now I have 5 differentials to cannibalize, 3-4 sets of arms, 3-4 sets of dogbones, cups, screws, and the list goes on. If I had a chassis, and the electronics, I could build a kraton just from the parts I have.

Chop shops are the best place I think to get stock parts, but over time I think that it might just be cheaper to get a whole car. With the outcast you could sell the tires, electronics, body and that would cover a good part of the cost. Then you have a whole roller to grab parts from

Chop shops are the best place I think to get stock parts, but over time I think that it might just be cheaper to get a whole car. With the outcast you could sell the tires, electronics, body and that would cover a good part of the cost. Then you have a whole roller to grab parts from
Why not just buy a roller?

I guess that would be easier hah, for me though it would be a toss up in pricing. With shipping costs from the US for rollers it might cost as much as a new car

I don't think we have any rollers available in Canada yet,

Yep, I hear ya, it gets frustrating at times. I ended up buying several ARRMA’s so that if one is down for maintenance I have a few for backups.
4C3A2CF9-8BD0-4EAC-9A63-C93C717DB931.jpeg

I have a few planes too, but I haven't touched them in years. I got a lightweight indoor/outdoor 3d plane, an electric WW2 spitfire that i'm afraid to fly, and a pretty big 4-stroke nitro piper cub... I'm just more of a car guy. I also don't nee a plane addiction on top of the car addiction!

I have a few planes too, but I haven't touched them in years. I got a lightweight indoor/outdoor 3d plane, an electric WW2 spitfire that i'm afraid to fly, and a pretty big 4-stroke nitro piper cub... I'm just more of a car guy. I also don't nee a plane addiction on top of the car addiction!
I
I agree, Bashing cars are lot more fun!FAAF7038-49E4-4D2A-96DE-2FB61F9A012A.jpeg I also have a few other toys to keep me occupied.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back