RC Fire on the news 🔥 🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@arrma only fans I wouldn't store them like you have shown.
Risk is low, but there is a risk and these can be unpredictable if you were bashing and inadvertently caused some damage.
Fire extinguisher, water etc are all useless except for whatever else catches on fire.

@arrma only fans I wouldn't store them like you have shown.
Risk is low, but there is a risk and these can be unpredictable if you were bashing and inadvertently caused some damage.
Fire extinguisher, water etc are all useless except for whatever else catches on fire.
Haven’t even been used yet!! Ya. Been thinking about it.

Wonder why they cut out the section where it's being placed on the countertop. It just mysteriously appeared.
Glad they are all ok.
I questioned the same exact thing. Wierd.
No you only have the kind of battery they would sell at "their shop" :ROFLMAO:
The commenting HobbyTown shop showed all Traxxas stuff.
Better than showing Arrma stuff in this case.:LOL:

No joke, my 3 yo found our kitchen fire extinguisher and discharged it into the cabinet under the sink... just spent the last hour cleaning it up. Fun Saturday evening.

But I was really not impressed with the amount of stuff in it (one of the small thin type). . I think I'll get one of the big full size ones for the garage for if (when) I have a lipo go up.

Lipo bags are of no help with our type batteries. Might as well wrap them in paper towels, just as effective.
They are ok for small ones i.e. up to 200mAh or so, but not the 5000+ versions we are using.

No joke, my 3 yo found our kitchen fire extinguisher and discharged it into the cabinet under the sink... just spent the last hour cleaning it up. Fun Saturday evening.

But I was really not impressed with the amount of stuff in it (one of the small thin type). . I think I'll get one of the big full size ones for the garage for if (when) I have a lipo go up.
I think a Nitrogen extinguisher may have the best results if anything. At least to contain it somewhat. Nitrogen displaces oxygen. I have 2 of them here near my boiler room.

Ammo box with seal removed and stored on a heat-resistant surface (tile etc) are ideal.
Fire extinguishers etc have no impact on the lipo fire or smoke generation. There is currently nothing that will stop a lipo fire, as it doesn't require oxygen to burn.

Nothing can stop the thermal runaway and energy release once it's initiated, but even dousing it with a regular ABC extinguisher will stand a good chance of limiting the damage by keeping surrounding materials from igniting.

I wish these toy grade cheapo RC's would stick with NIMH. Gave one to a friend and noticed the pack was made up of 2x 18650's which is uncommon but seem to be safer than soft pack Lipo's. At this price point and the typical customer that buys them, dirt cheap Lipo's and Chargers seem like a recipe for disaster... Gives the quality brands a bad rap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back